View Poll Results: Is this a good idea?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, i'd like a bonus with better accuracy 10% - 5%

3 10.00%
  • Yes, i'd like a bonus with suppression (more suppression to an enemy line)

10 33.33%
  • Yes, i'd like a bonus with faster reload boost

1 3.33%
  • Yes, i'd like a other bonus (see comment)

2 6.67%
  • No

14 46.67%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bonuses for shooting volleys, ripple fire or fire by file & a courage system?

CSA Major

Cool, when was this?

The last sunday event.

CSA Major

Okay, missed that then.

Think 6thAL wasn't there arround that time

CSA Captain

Also our Line Commander has been sick for some time Fypear, expect more lines once he returns to full health.
    6th Alabama Volunteer Regiment "2nd Battalion - Co. H & K"

Batt. Recruiter JT

Add me on steam under the name "[6thAL]SCpl. JT" if you're looking to join up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fypear View Post
    Yeah, i know what you mean. But last days i don't even see volleys anymore that's why...
    You do not see volleys anymore for very different reasons. Most of the tactics used on these smaller skirmish maps do not call for mass volleys as they can be a tactical disadvantage, especially if you have very few men. If you are below eight men, most people do 'Fire at will' because it is just easier and most commonly does more damage. Plus in a small skirmish area, not everyone will see a target and just fire for no reason which can further leave the already small line open as people who previously had no intention to shoot, shot, instead of being able to cover those who shot for a reason.

TL;dr, skirmish maps have very little need for volleys because they are not designed that way or at least rarely play out in 'line battle' formation anymore. The formation buff works fine for the skirmish maps. We don't need to add more buffs except maybe adjust suppression.

CSA Major General

Trying to find a way to 'promote' line fire is a good idea, however I voted 'No' at the moment.
    Fact is there are already complex systems in place (morale, the new 'buff' when not kneeling ...)

Suppression sounds logical and in fact it kinda works, when you see a line aiming ... well you first reaction is not to stand there waving you hands
    I write for my personal account and from personal experience, unless stated otherwise.

CSA Major

Atleast you know what i mean redleader,
    There has to be someting that encourage line firing
    And promote it

I voted no and I'm all about suppression more than anyone here. You can't take an overly complicated thing and be like "Vote, here are your choices." No. Every bullet should count in some manner and have some effect that builds and cools down. Obviously if you're getting a certain volume coming at you then it's going to build and build until your best option is to go somewhere to cool down. There is some sort of suppression system in the game but it generally only triggers when you're behind a fence (since you're almost impervious to fire) and when the enemy is firing at you a lot. It doesn't necessarily seem to require volleys and the effects are overly cinematic.

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Thank you for the feedback.

This is already present in-game. You get this buff when you are "in formation".

Being out of line or even skirmishing and you will see your soldier is having quite a bit of a harder time shaking off the suppression.

Also, when you do mass your fire at the moment (the "Yes, i'd like a bonus with suppression (more suppression to an enemy line)" in your poll) it does suppress the enemy more than if you are firing at a slower pace due to the simple fact that they don't have time to shake off the suppression caused by the individual shots (they will recover quicker if they are "in formation" as stated above though).

In terms of buffing specific patterns of fire: it is a cool thought being able to do so and it should also be doable in terms of tracking (at least volley firing). Tracking firing by fille, etc. is a much greater challenge. If we are to ever provide buffs for specific patterns of fire it will need to be all kinds of specific patterns of fire we're covering (can't just buff volley fire alone or any other means of firing may never be done because of them not providing a buff).

Lastly I don't agree with your statement that WoR is like Call of Duty (even in its early alpha state) by a long shot.

- Trusty
    thank god you put this to rest,,, .. I wont say more,,, thanks
    All governments, everywhere derived its power by the consent of the people. The government you have is by your own consent. Not by those brave grey dead of one hundred and fifty plus years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Fypear View Post
    Atleast you know what i mean redleader,
    There has to be someting that encourage line firing
    And promote it
    What encourages line firing should be the fact that people paid money for a historically accurate game in the Civil War, especially at this stage much money. Later on when it is more developed line battles will be much more prominent.