View Poll Results: Is this a good idea?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, i'd like a bonus with better accuracy 10% - 5%

3 10.00%
  • Yes, i'd like a bonus with suppression (more suppression to an enemy line)

10 33.33%
  • Yes, i'd like a bonus with faster reload boost

1 3.33%
  • Yes, i'd like a other bonus (see comment)

2 6.67%
  • No

14 46.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bonuses for shooting volleys, ripple fire or fire by file & a courage system?

CSA Major

Bonuses for shooting volleys, ripple fire or fire by file & a courage system?

So i have sended an mail to the WOR devs and i want your opinion of this aswell, i edited the email a little bit just to make it more clear, sorry if there is bad grammar in it

"So i'm playing the game for know and i like the game very much, but the first point i wanna to get into is the firing idea.

the most of us when we are in-game do the fire at will fire option, but what i think is that there has to be something like a little bonus if you fire with volleys, ripple fire or fire by file. I think this makes the game even more fun, realistic and cool, and about the bonuses what can it be? i thought of various things like maybe a 10% - 5% more accuracy on your shots? or less weapon sway because you got more courage?, maybe make a courage factor or something like that, when your with a squad of 10 people you wanna fight longer and are less afraid then be on your own. Less suppresion and maybe get a better aim that way.. let's get some smoke in the battlefield shall we?"

So what do you think? Let me and the devs know what you all want, let's make the game better than it already is! Hooraay!

CSA Major

If you select no, tell me why.

Because the game looks like call of duty, everyone on his own.
    We need some more team based in the game

Quote Originally Posted by Fypear View Post
    maybe make a courage factor or something like that, when your with a squad of 10 people you wanna fight longer and are less afraid then be on your own. Less suppresion and maybe get a better aim that way.. let's get some smoke in the battlefield shall we?"
    Thank you for the feedback.

This is already present in-game. You get this buff when you are "in formation".

Being out of line or even skirmishing and you will see your soldier is having quite a bit of a harder time shaking off the suppression.

Also, when you do mass your fire at the moment (the "Yes, i'd like a bonus with suppression (more suppression to an enemy line)" in your poll) it does suppress the enemy more than if you are firing at a slower pace due to the simple fact that they don't have time to shake off the suppression caused by the individual shots (they will recover quicker if they are "in formation" as stated above though).

In terms of buffing specific patterns of fire: it is a cool thought being able to do so and it should also be doable in terms of tracking (at least volley firing). Tracking firing by fille, etc. is a much greater challenge. If we are to ever provide buffs for specific patterns of fire it will need to be all kinds of specific patterns of fire we're covering (can't just buff volley fire alone or any other means of firing may never be done because of them not providing a buff).

Lastly I don't agree with your statement that WoR is like Call of Duty (even in its early alpha state) by a long shot.

- Trusty

CSA Major

Hi trusty, tnx for reading this post.

I know it would be hard to get this work properly in WOR.
    You also said there isn't gonna be a buff for volley fire alone, are you devs planning for something like i said?

Because you still walk in a team, but it's still everyone firing for himself, it takes the cool effects and gameplay away.

So i wanna know if your still want to do something with this in the future?

Because you still walk in a team, but it's still everyone firing for himself,
    I'm not sure what matches you are playing, and with whom - but that has not been my experience whatsoever. If you're not in a company, it's likely the rest of your team was on TS coordinating without you.

CSA Major

I'm in a company, but to make this post really short, what i mean, it's no good to do a volley fire because this takes a lot of time, there is not actually a reward you get for doing a volley, it looks cool but most of us don't do it anymore because it's faster to tale your own shot.

So if you make it a little more rewardable then fire at will people will use volleys and there will me a better gameplay and it look cooler

USA Major

If you select no, tell me why.

Because the game looks like call of duty, everyone on his own.
    We need some more team based in the game
    If you are in fact in a solid regiment, with solid leadership and you bring some numbers into the game - let's say 5-10 guys - you can do some team tactics that are coordinated and effective. Even if you're not, join some of those larger groups that gather into the spawn area and latch onto that group.

I'm in a company, but to make this post really short, what i mean, it's no good to do a volley fire because this takes a lot of time, there is not actually a reward you get for doing a volley, it looks cool but most of us don't do it anymore because it's faster to tale your own shot.

So if you make it a little more rewardable then fire at will people will use volleys and there will me a better gameplay and it look cooler
    I disagree on volleys. They can absolutely devastate an enemy line with 4-5 guys going down at once, and in a 10-man line that will likely force that group to retreat or take cover. It's unsettling when you're in a line of guys and half your number go down with an enemy volley. It makes you rethink what you're doing and adjust tactics.

CSA Captain

No - As Trusty points out the bonus system is already there for being in formation. The only way to get a 'bonus' from coordinated line firing should come from training, so that you do it well as a Company, the 'bonus' being that the better you are as a team then the more enemy you will kill by using line firing.

However, unlike Trusty I did understand your 'Call of Duty' comment. I've seen a lot of players trying to 'lone wolf', but at the end of the day all they are really doing is hurting their own team EVERY time they die, and they do die, often. It's pretty obvious at this point that the Dev team are doing all they can to force people into fighting the way that a Civil War engagement is meant to be fought, we have to trust in that.
    Last edited by Sox; 01-10-2018 at 01:00 PM.

CSA Major

Yeah, i know what you mean. But last days i don't even see volleys anymore that's why...

Yeah, i know what you mean. But last days i don't even see volleys anymore that's why...
    Saw some great volleys in that event