View Poll Results: Is this a good idea?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, i'd like a bonus with better accuracy 10% - 5%

3 10.00%
  • Yes, i'd like a bonus with suppression (more suppression to an enemy line)

10 33.33%
  • Yes, i'd like a bonus with faster reload boost

1 3.33%
  • Yes, i'd like a other bonus (see comment)

2 6.67%
  • No

14 46.67%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bonuses for shooting volleys, ripple fire or fire by file & a courage system?

USA 1st Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
    What encourages line firing should be the fact that people paid money for a historically accurate game in the Civil War, especially at this stage much money. Later on when it is more developed line battles will be much more prominent.
    I'm sorry, but I don't think that's true at all. There has to be some larger reward from the game to encourage volley fire and fighting in formation. Public players will not have the coordination and training that companies have, that's simply a fact. To expect them to work together is utter madness unless there is a bonus for doing so.

Best,
    Dman979

There is though? I'm not saying it's good but it's there.

And currently volleys do have an effect as they incur more morale hits in a shorter period of time (instantaneously).

Quote Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
    What encourages line firing should be the fact that people paid money for a historically accurate game in the Civil War, especially at this stage much money. Later on when it is more developed line battles will be much more prominent.
    You could not be more wrong, fortunately the developers are somewhat serious and realize that the game has to be more than reenactors playing out a scene or we'd have the same hot garbage every other game with 'lines' attempted.

USA 1st Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    Yes, I know it is there. I'm glad it is there. I think it should be more effective. (How that happens is up to the developers.)

You could not be more wrong, fortunately the developers are somewhat serious and realize that the game has to be more than reenactors playing out a scene or we'd have the same hot garbage every other game with 'lines' attempted.
    This is the point I was trying to make, but I guess I could have written more clearly.

Best,
    Dman979

CSA Captain

And currently volleys do have an effect as they incur more morale hits in a shorter period of time (instantaneously).

Yeah.....not what re-enactors do lol. The only 'scripted' battles tend to be anniversary events. I think you'll find that the real attraction to a game like this, for those who take part in Living History, is that there are bullets flying, on any given weekend at any given event they'd find much more historical accuracy than they ever will in WoR.