Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reserve spot in skirmishes

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by Dman979 View Post
    I don't think this is a great idea. It is just a game, and people should be able to (and perhaps forced to?) switch sides between the USA and CSA based on what they want to play as, not because they're in any particular company.
    Agreed.

II Corps discusses, and then decides, which side we will play during our weekly Command Staff Meeting.
    It is based on many factors but primarily it is about Testing Needs and implementing the Principles, Tactics and Skills we worked on during that week's Corps Drill.

Our Official Policy:
    This is Alpha and we are here to Test.
    We are firmly a CSA unit but will do whatever makes us happy and brings fun Game Play.
    We will play both sides ... whenever we wish ... and encourage everyone to do the same.
    Much knowledge and enjoyment can be found from fighting from both sides of the battlefield.

This will remain our Policy until Launch, at which time we will lean more heavily toward playing CSA but ...
    I, for one, will play as a Yank whenever the fancy strikes me.
    It is a game and despite our Loyalties it would be unthinkable, and a colossal waste of money, to buy a game and only play ONE HALF of it.

I am against this idea but keep them coming.
    Only through suggestions and Testing will we eventually get the great game we know that this can become.
    Last edited by John Cooley; 02-03-2018 at 03:14 PM.
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

I think letting a CSA player or USA player on the other side is a very good way for each team to know how to attack/defend better as they see the strategy of the others. For example, I am a CSA commander at Dunker Church, I play on the Union, note their attacking approach, go back to CSA, counter it. This is one of many many reasons to just let people play what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by John Cooley View Post
    oops that fired off twice.
    Feel free to delete this one.
    thanks
    Cooley, you can delete your post by the way. Go advanced> Top right> Delete post

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
    Cooley, you can delete your post by the way. Go advanced> Top right> Delete post
    Thanks ... you are The Man!
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

I love playing as the CSA and thats why i joined a CSA Regiment but once in a while playing the Union is what makes me a better player by being fluid and getting to attack and defend on similiar maps different ways also it makes better officers to be able to change with the tides of the battle rather then stagnant in their approaches

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ87Army View Post
    I love playing as the CSA and thats why i joined a CSA Regiment but once in a while playing the Union is what makes me a better player by being fluid and getting to attack and defend on similiar maps different ways also it makes better officers to be able to change with the tides of the battle rather then stagnant in their approaches
    I agree.

I will always play CSA if I can, but it never hurts to play as USA. This allows players to see both sides of any map and allows players to understand why and where opponents may attack from.

In fact, I was handed quite the compliment the other day, was in Union Blue, and someone recognized the name and commented. "You must really like the Civil War to be doing this." Or something to that effect.

Yes, I do like the American Civil War.

CSA Captain

I enjoy playing the different Zouave regiments on the Union side and I can’t wait for more to be added!
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

Those Zouaves have some F I R E pantaloons.

USA Brigadier General

I play as the Union most of the time, but will go Confederate to balance teams.
    First Sergeant Joseph P. Brevett of Company B, 2nd Maryland Infantry

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile,
    This day shall gentle his condition;- William Shakespeare, Henry V

A Good Resource for The Maryland Campaign