Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Next big total war, Total War: Three Kingdoms

  1. #11

    CSA Captain

    Charles Caldwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Across the Pond!
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
    "CA chasing money"

    Really? A completely new era and factions we've never seen is "chasing money?" The numerous sequels, re-hashes, and "side projects" like Alexander and Atilla aren't?

    C'mon man, I've heard some stupid shit but that's up there.
    Oh so perhaps you have new information that suggests a new 'ground up' engine, groundbreaking features, True MP campaigns (2+ players) and the return of the once famous epic battles, as opposed to the current 20 minute brawls we see in recent TW games.

    Huh and there was me and other TW fans thinking it was a cynical choice era, based on an untapped, lucrative market. Using a reskinned, tweaked engine and as much Hype as the CA marketing machine can muster.

    Lets see shall we?
    Captain Charles Caldwell

    Click banner for regiment thread

  2. #12

    CSA Captain

    Soulfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    717
    @Hinkel: I am still sad you havent implemented a single player campaign, I know the reason...but still

    @Topic: I dont like the way they are going too, like those heros in battle. Also the scenario is not my favorite, i was hoping for a victorian age one...
    " ...it appears the Virginia Military Institute will be heard from today."

    With virtue as our beacon. Our cause is charged as treason, Battle worn and starving. Through the hell of war we'll keep marching. The birth of our new nation
    - Iced Earth

  3. #13

    CSA Captain

    Charles Caldwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Across the Pond!
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post

    @Topic: I dont like the way they are going too, like those heros in battle. Also the scenario is not my favorite, i was hoping for a victorian age one...
    I've been a TW player since Shogun (the first) and this slow, creep, creep towards click fest battles is my biggest disappointment. The strength of TW was its battles. The pitting of skill and tactical wits against another army and player. Battles felt like a battle then..... now its often over before its begun.
    Captain Charles Caldwell

    Click banner for regiment thread

  4. #14

    CSA Brigadier General

    Redleader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Kingdom of Belgium
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    Well, Shogun 2 is one of the best
    At least for us modders hehe.



    @ TOPIC
    I will play it, like every Total War game since Shogun 1 demo
    Oh I see .. I watched the 'movie clip' and the Union won again ... Union bias all over ... I'm just kidding

    I like the animations (certainly how they handle a rifle and the excellent melee animations).
    As usual in the Total War series, the engine can handle a lot of units with eye for detail.

    They also got one of those Southern heroic pistolwhipping officer at 0:50, a brave man for sure ... also a very soon to be dead man.

    There's also a 'World War I' mod for Napoleon Total War.



    Here you see the 'Deutsches Kaiserreich' paying a visit to my beloved fatherland, Belgian & French troops take up position to hold ground.
    Got to love those Adrian helmets (have two at home from both World Wars)

  5. #15

    CSA Major

    Legion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Baldwin,Louisiana
    Posts
    1,719
    Disappointed with this announcement but I'll probably try it anyways.

    I was hoping for another Empire or Medieval.

    The game that I really want but that sadly doesn't exist is a combination of Total War and Paradox games.
    Last edited by Legion; 01-13-2018 at 05:28 PM.
    Jesse S. Crosby, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - May 6, 1864

    Samuel T. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - September 2, 1862

    Joseph C. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - October 1, 1863

    Henry C. McKenzie, 3rd Georgia Infantry, June 1, 1861 - January 28, 1863

    Charles R. Beddingfield, 38th Alabama Infantry

    Samuel L. Cowart, Cobb's Legion

  6. #16

    USA Sergeant

    crazychester1247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Gonzales, Texas
    Posts
    650
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    The game that I really want but that sadly doesn't exist is a combination of Total War and Paradox games.
    I know the feeling. I'd keep an eye out for Grand Tactician. Oriental Empires might also do the trick.

  7. #17

    CSA Captain


    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Caldwell View Post
    Oh so perhaps you have new information that suggests a new 'ground up' engine, groundbreaking features, True MP campaigns (2+ players) and the return of the once famous epic battles, as opposed to the current 20 minute brawls we see in recent TW games.

    Huh and there was me and other TW fans thinking it was a cynical choice era, based on an untapped, lucrative market. Using a reskinned, tweaked engine and as much Hype as the CA marketing machine can muster.

    Lets see shall we?
    Perhaps you have new information that suggests there won't "groundbreaking"(whatever you mean by that vague ass comment)new features, true multiplayer campaigns, or the "return of once epic battles?"(Again, whatever you mean by that.) Oh, they literally JUST announced the game? Yeah so neither of us have that information and you should probably not assume to know otherwise.

    Do you make games? I'm going to assume not since you believe that making a completely new engine is just so easy as to be done every other game. Every development team does it: Battlefield with Frost, literally every other game with Unity or CryEngine. Perhaps you think Hinkel and the boys are lazy for not making their own engine for War of Rights? Get real. Engine making takes up far more money and time then any other facet of game development. It's something that's done by a dedicated team over years and years of development, and then deployed either in-house(meaning distributed among multiple teams, like Bioware's teams or DICE's teams,) or sold on the market(Like CryEngine or Unity.) I don't know what fantasy world you live in to assume CA is going to abandon TW Engine 3 after just two years, but come back to reality.
    Last edited by LaBelle; 01-17-2018 at 01:27 AM.
    http://i.imgur.com/0uC9Nde.jpg

  8. #18

    CSA Captain

    Charles Caldwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Across the Pond!
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
    Perhaps you have new information that suggests there won't "groundbreaking"(whatever you mean by that vague ass comment)new features, true multiplayer campaigns, or the "return of once epic battles?"(Again, whatever you mean by that.) Oh, they literally JUST announced the game? Yeah so neither of us have that information and you should probably not assume to know otherwise.

    Do you make games? I'm going to assume not since you believe that making a completely new engine is just so easy as to be done every other game. Every development team does it: Battlefield with Frost, literally every other game with Unity or CryEngine. Perhaps you think Hinkel and the boys are lazy for not making their own engine for War of Rights? Get real. Engine making takes up far more money and time then any other facet of game development. It's something that's done by a dedicated team over years and years of development, and then deployed either in-house(meaning distributed among multiple teams, like Bioware's teams or DICE's teams,) or sold on the market(Like CryEngine or Unity.) I don't know what fantasy world you live in to assume CA is going to abandon TW Engine 3 after just two years, but come back to reality.
    Of course its not going to be a new engine duh, I thought that was a given...

    Perhaps you missed:

    Huh and there was me and other TW fans thinking it was a cynical choice era, based on an untapped, lucrative market. Using a reskinned, tweaked engine and as much Hype as the CA marketing machine can muster.
    Why you went off on me, game development and involving Hinkel I have no idea. Perhaps you just wanted to vent spleen and scratch about for allies.

    That aside reading various TW fan forums, the Chinese player base is over the moon (who would have guessed!) the Western market mixed, bordering on disappointment for yet another side step by CA. With the usual Western voices demanding a NEW Engined M:TW 3 and/or a Renaissance or Victorian era setting.

    Either way, I'll probably give this game a miss.
    Last edited by Charles Caldwell; 01-17-2018 at 11:56 AM.
    Captain Charles Caldwell

    Click banner for regiment thread

  9. #19
    I understand the Western market is very mixed on this topic. One side is really excited about this new period in history and this is the first time CA has dabbled in China, the other side wanted another Western-oriented game that showed the history and might of the West. But I prefer this to Rome III, Medieval III or Shogun III and I doubt they are cash-chasing. Just because CA is making a game about a country with 1.4B people, doesn't mean that they just want money. I hate how people jump to 'cash-grabbing company' agenda when it doesn't stroke their Eurocentric mindset.

  10. #20

    CSA Captain

    Charles Caldwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Across the Pond!
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by OmniChocoMilk View Post
    I hate how people jump to 'cash-grabbing company' agenda when it doesn't stroke their Eurocentric mindset.
    Okay, but Shogun 2 was one of their most popular ventures... it seems fans of TW are far from Eurocentric.

    No CA and their infamous DLC and Campaign expansion policy are well known for squeezing every penny from their adoring fans. Its a major gripe within TW circles.
    Captain Charles Caldwell

    Click banner for regiment thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •