Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 150 player stress test

The event ran much better than I expected, I didn't even expect it to get past 120, but that was the capacity it ran best at during the event. The sound bug was terrible, but, the good news is that all of the issues we encountered I am very confident that the developers can fix, so I'm hyped to see how this goes!

Overall though, I think that the server was most stable at 125 people, but, 140 people on the server was playable except for the sound bug much more prominent and frames dying more often.
    Last edited by McMuffin; 01-20-2018 at 11:15 PM.

CSA Brigadier General

Mmm was a good even, look forward to seeing the videos about it.
    "Virtute enim ipsa non tam multi praediti esse quam videri volunt."

CSA Captain

I was surprised at how stable it was at 140... I expected a huge drop in fps. With the drill camp charge I dropped by about 20 fps, which isnt that bad really.

I think however there is a strong call to limit any further increase in numbers at this stage. I'd be happier with there being a consolidating on the progress so far, and working on further stability and optimisation.

I think for me the golden number would be 150 and stick on that.
    Last edited by Charles Caldwell; 01-21-2018 at 01:13 PM.
    4th Texas 'C' Company

CSA Major

Agreed, and I'm sure CFG have sensible targets in sight.
    Last night, at the peak of the fighting, was utterly fantastic. I'm looking forward to more reward tiers opening out and seeing such numbers regularly.

CSA Captain

I had no frame drops save for the 140 man charge, and that was from 60 to 50. Machine handled it well, servers held up. One thing: A few players reported the sound bug in the NA event later that night, with 80 players.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    On a side thought regarding this 150 man playability. I am certain this information is going to find it's way back to Cryengine & Co. Perhaps this will inspire them to step up engineering on their end to be more supportive of greater player numbers.

I'm pretty sure I found a solution for the sound bug, though we wont know for certain until the next 150 player event. It may even also come with a small performance increase on the clients!

Quote Originally Posted by Fancy Sweetroll View Post
    I'm pretty sure I found a solution for the sound bug, though we wont know for certain until the next 150 player event. It may even also come with a small performance increase on the clients!
    Good to hear! Was it triggered by a specific player count because it seemed to only occur at a certain player count and above (80-ish)?

The problem was that too many sounds was being triggered at the same time. Footsteps, shouts, screams, bullet hits. So now those will only actually trigger the sound if you are within a reasonable distance of those sounds. Gunshots will always play.

USA Captain

Fantastic battel ... Its not just a fight anymore.
    I recorded the "Battel" on Hagerstown Turnpike, the 2 charges by 42Pa under command of major Stone. Finished uploading in about 2 hours ...
    Last edited by TheRegulator; 01-21-2018 at 10:07 PM.