Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Halving revolver damage

USA Major

This video is a great example of how much damage an officer can do in a short period of time. Beginning at 2:48 Cody took out 5 guys in 10 seconds - nice shootin' BTW Tex - and was able to finish someone off even after being bayoneted. That's one officer seriously stunting a charge of maybe 8-9 guys total and taking out half that force. Had he not been bayoneted and because he had the LeMat, he would have had 3-4 more shots he could have squeezed off and that would have done even more damage. To me it's just too much and some will disagree and that's what these discussions are all about.

In my opinion, it would be much better if even a percentage of his shots were one shots kills and another percentage were two shot kills than that would feel more balanced to me as certainly there were some men out there who could take a revolver bullet and keep moving forward due to adrenaline and physical strength, and then there would be some guys who would drop like a sack of potatoes for opposite reasons or depending on where they were shot.

CSA Captain

or maybe go back to 1 hit kills with bayonets if actually stabbed in the stomach, chest, or head.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Saris View Post
    or maybe go back to 1 hit kills with bayonets if actually stabbed in the stomach, chest, or head.
    This works as well. The infantry would still be at a disadvantage to the officer as it takes longer to lunge and stab then fire a pistol but it would still feel more balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Saris View Post
    I really want bayonet one hit kills brought back. I put forward a suggestion created by Stockton with a little bit added on by myself that was an excellent system that would bring bayonet 1 hit kills back with successful charges but two hits if someone is just by themselves.

CSA Captain

The “in formation” bonus for melee in combination with random demage caused by revolver would be nice.

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
    This video is a great example of how much damage an officer can do in a short period of time. Beginning at 2:48 Cody took out 5 guys in 10 seconds ...
    This is a different scenario from the so called 'Rambo Officers situation', here the pistol is used as a defensive weapon. (and yes it's the Lemat and if you don't get shot and got a good aim ....)
    I wouldn't of charged the fence but the side and in group.
    I write for my personal account and from personal experience, unless stated otherwise.

USA Major

I realize this isn't a Rambo scenario. My basic point with that video is to illustrate how officers are 'one man wrecking crews' - particularly when the other team is charging - and it feels unbalanced. Some of my suggestions were to balance things out so they're not quite as deadly. When you can take out 5 guys in 10 seconds or less that's a bit too much.

USA Captain

Another way to combat this lone wolf trend would be to extend the respawn timer if killed while out of line. Perhaps even give a warning after being out of line for a couple of minutes, such as "Being out of line results in greater morale loss and longer respawn timer if killed." Being in formation or skirmishing then resets the timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Teilyn View Post
    Another way to combat this lone wolf trend would be to extend the respawn timer if killed while out of line. Perhaps even give a warning after being out of line for a couple of minutes, such as "Being out of line results in greater morale loss and longer respawn timer if killed." Being in formation or skirmishing then resets the timer.
    This will be a thing when flag bearer spawning is implemented.

- Trusty

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    This will be a thing when flag bearer spawning is implemented.

- Trusty
    Sounds good.