Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official Discord server

Official Discord server

Please make an offical one. Discord would be really nice to have for community building.

Please don't send me a link to the unofficial one.

I mean, we have the forums for a reason. The only game discord servers I see are for games that don't have a forum set up; a discord seems pointless.

CSA Captain

*Post resurrection, activate!*

I wouldn't mind an official Discord server for some real time conversations so we don't have to flood the forums.

CSA Captain

We've been using an unofficial discord made by Thomas Bates. We post updates, videos, and have discussions. https://discord.gg/mVyuEU
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

USA 1st Lieutenant

I like the forums better than discord. It's easier to separate topics, and you don't have to scroll back through hundreds of lines to see the reply you were looking for.

Best,
    Dman979

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Dman979 View Post
    I like the forums better than discord. It's easier to separate topics, and you don't have to scroll back through hundreds of lines to see the reply you were looking for.

Best,
    Dman979
    the search feature on discord is nice

USA 1st Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by SwingKid148 View Post
    the search feature on discord is nice
    Just like the one on the forums.

Best,
    Dman979

Discord is better for an actual discussion; forums are better for debate. A debate on the forums will entail you googling something and preparing a proper argument like you would develop a history paper. A discussion in Discord can cover a lot more than a forum post, but also be more casual, relaxed, and free-flowing than a debate. It's honestly just a preference for the person.

USA 1st Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
    Discord is better for an actual discussion; forums are better for debate. A debate on the forums will entail you googling something and preparing a proper argument like you would develop a history paper. [citation needed] A discussion in Discord can cover a lot more than a forum post, but also be more casual, relaxed, and free-flowing than a debate. It's honestly just a preference for the person.
    Or you can just post slightly edited quotes with links to funny images. Either way, it's a win-win.

Best,
    Dman979

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    The developers do not have time to babysit something like a live connection on discord.

They’re too small and under staffed.

I'd rather they focus on programming.