Thread: Constant crashing when joining a server

USA Brigadier General

Constant crashing when joining a server

Recently I have come across a issue when i join a server it will load and then close its self. I have no idea why this happens. I am not sure if anyone else is having the same issue. I know my specs can run the game at ultra so that is not the problem.

Fixes tried and failed

restarting my PC. Uninstalling and reinstalling.

Hello,

Have you tried deleting your wor files via steam, then deleted the remaining war of rights folder found in steam/steamapps/common before downloading the game again?

If so, please use the error reporter at: https://warofrights.com/ErrorReporter when you crash.

- Trusty

USA Captain

this may due to host cannot receive datas from servers correctly....
    you can try reset local cache by deling stored files under my documents and run regedit command to clear all items refered to WOR
    call me if it works.

CSA Captain

Crashed yet again joining server and faction selection.... plus no EU servers are present despite numerous server refreshes.
    4th Texas 'C' Company

CSA Captain

Crashed again... boring!
    4th Texas 'C' Company

For the crashing, try just not at all touching ANYTHING on your keyboard until about ten seconds after the faction selection screen has appeared, that is what I have to do.

As for the server issues, usually, time is the fix for this and waiting maybe ten or so minutes, and they should appear.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
    For the crashing, try just not at all touching ANYTHING on your keyboard until about ten seconds after the faction selection screen has appeared, that is what I have to do.

As for the server issues, usually, time is the fix for this and waiting maybe ten or so minutes, and they should appear.
    lol perhaps I should wear a rabbits foot, sacrifice my cat and pray to the Server gods.......

Cheers McMuffin, but after all this time Im a little annoyed that trying to play this game is totally hit or miss.
    4th Texas 'C' Company

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Caldwell View Post
    lol perhaps I should wear a rabbits foot, sacrifice my cat and pray to the Server gods.......

Cheers McMuffin, but after all this time Im a little annoyed that trying to play this game is totally hit or miss.
    We're aware of the crash on faction selection - if there was a simple fix it wouldn't be an issue still. As Stated in a previous reply (to you also I believe?) the particular crash gives little to no pointers as to what is causing it making it take a long time to fix (essentially, we have to try to remove something - could be all vegetation or all objects or something else and then join the game a few hundred times to see if the action caused a positive effect on the rates of faction selection screen crashes). You can hopefully see why that will take a while.

The EU servers are down because we use them for dev testing currently.

- Trusty

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    We're aware of the crash on faction selection - if there was a simple fix it wouldn't be an issue still. As Stated in a previous reply (to you also I believe?) the particular crash gives little to no pointers as to what is causing it making it take a long time to fix (essentially, we have to try to remove something - could be all vegetation or all objects or something else and then join the game a few hundred times to see if the action caused a positive effect on the rates of faction selection screen crashes). You can hopefully see why that will take a while.

The EU servers are down because we use them for dev testing currently.

- Trusty
    It probably has something to do with loading in b/c if I try to move the mouse before I've waited long enough I can see the map and textures have not fully loaded in, and it freezes.