Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Why the TK'ing?

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Sox View Post
    The thing I love most of all about WoR is the way that the Devs have put in place so much that makes the game mirror reality. So here's the thing about what you are saying: did those tactics work at Fredericksburg? did those tactics work at Malvern Hill? and did those tactics work for Pickett on that fateful third day at Gettysburg? Frontal assaults in formation get wrecked in WoR, and quite rightly so. I was there too yesterday, and saw that Union regiment get decimated as they tried to manouver in formation in front of a Confederate firing line. You can move and fight in line of course, but trying to do so like you are on parade?......result = bloodbath.
    Who is talking about manouvers right in front of the enemie ... As in any war now and then, use the 3 F's. Find them ... Fix them ... Flank them. One Company fix/engage the enemie on long range. 2 Companies manouvers around on flank left and right, using the advantage of the terrain ... There is a lot more into doing it, but its basicly the way to do it. It will naturally be a faliure, if you mele head on with one combined force.

When atillery comes into the game, then it will add a lot of deaths, to an enemie holding a position, being shelled and cought in cross fire from front, left and right ...

Its about holding a point in game, so you must ither attack or defend, push the enemie away ... I dont belive in longs shoot outs ;O)
    Last edited by TheRegulator; 09-03-2018 at 01:01 PM.

USA Brigadier General

I think some teamkills happen because some people dont check their fire. Teamkills also happen when the rear rank has buck and ball loaded and the gaps in the front rank are not big enough.
    Last edited by Maximus Decimus Meridius; 09-03-2018 at 05:18 PM.
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

This thread is about the teamkills not how certain people conduct themselves (unless that is directly tied to the teamkills).

Please keep it on-topic, thank you.

- Trusty

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Decimus Meridius View Post
    I think some teamkills happen because some people dont check their fire. Teamkills also happen when the rear rank has buck and ball loaded and the gaps in the front rank are not big enough.
    GOOD POINT : we let people shoot over the shoulder of the person in front, but buck 'n ball seems to have a certain spread
    PEEKING AND SHOOTING : what also happens is people are stacked up in a fence/position ... and to shoot they move out ... just in front of another person @ the worst timing

CSA Major

^^^^Agreed, I was team killed 3 separate times from all of us being in close proximity to buildings peaking around while aiming and I accidentally move in the way at worst time. Guess the best way is to not have more than 3-4 guys together and agree with each other to take turns, one or two aim at most then fire and the other two's turn after when they reload.
    Napoleon Total War American Civil War Multiplayer Mod Discord Community - https://discord.gg/J3xJ4DU

TUNNELLS ARE USELESS....so why bother anyway - Henry Wirz (Andersonville film quote)

CSA Captain

There are ways to avoid it yes, I see SO many people cross in front of a formed firing line, so many people running back directly towards a formed line, it's almost as if some players have not yet realised that quite a lot of massed rifle firing takes place in WoR lol. I'd say that most of the TK's from rifle fire do come from avoidable mistakes yes.
    ''I'm here to play an American Civil War era combat game, not Call of Duty with muskets.''.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    You can't aim your weapon through the body of a compatriot and expect him to live when you pull the trigger.