Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the TK'ing?

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    II Corps can tell us all about that one.
    Kettle Much?
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

USA General of the Army

Shall we do a head count?

51st: 8
    42nd: 3 - 2 from Stull who was told off and 1 from Corbin to defend the test we were doing.
    6th: 2

What is NOT heard as you have no access to the discord and have chosen to cherry pick what is heard due to the music, is that the 42nd (where I'm telling people to kill Private Corbin of my own unit) where trying to assess how hard it was to hit a moving target. As you can see Corbin is seen running off towards to bushes to run around whilst we attempted to hit him. We were not trying to cycle the map during an event, the event was over.

“People only throw shade on what's shining.”
    ― Genereux Philip

So if that's all you have to say with that very heavily skewed evidence shall we actually get back on topic?
    Last edited by Bravescot; 01-24-2018 at 05:12 PM.

USA General of the Army

Thanks spending time reading our Corps Thread and re-quoting my quotes.

You called us out so who got it off topic?
    Wait ... this is about TKing so we ARE on topic.

I must agree with the Accuracy issue ...
    Last Event I shot right past a Yank and expertly picked off one of our own guys. heh
    Last edited by John Cooley; 01-24-2018 at 06:00 PM.
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout

USA Lieutenant General

From what I have seen the most TKs are during the melee. Sure from time to time, you see a line opening fire upon a friendly line. But I rarely see TKs that are on purpose (To be fair most of the time I play is during events).

If I get TKed by someone (may it be by "lack of training", accidental or on purpose) it can be frustrating sometimes, but I know this is a game and stuff like this happens. So I just respawn, find my unit and move on.

CSA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by MadWolf View Post
    From what I have seen the most TKs are during the melee. Sure from time to time, you see a line opening fire upon a friendly line. But I rarely see TKs that are on purpose (To be fair most of the time I play is during events).

If I get TKed by someone (may it be by "lack of training", accidental or on purpose) it can be frustrating sometimes, but I know this is a game and stuff like this happens. So I just respawn, find my unit and move on.
    And that is how it should work. When I play on the CSA side and play as the 12th South Carolina (Wich can have blue uniform parts) Its bound to happen that I get team killed. If so, I hear a lot of "Well I saw blue I thought you were a yankee" I will explain the differences between the 12thSC and the Union. And they try to keep it in mind.

And indeed most of the team killing I see happen during charges. Sadly if I get an NCO with a revolver, it happes from time to time that some team mate charges past me the moment I pull the trigger, I guess its just my bad luck. It happens and it always will sadly.

CSA Major

Lately I have seen several intentional team kills from various regiments, to new players. The intentional team kills, as said above, appear to be done with malice and personal disdain. I have yet to understand the purpose of an intentional team kill, as it doesn't solve anything at all, but what do I know?

Anyhow, most of the TK's are accidental, but some people tend to freak out and think it's intentional. What some people need to understand is that when they charge an enemy position by themselves or in small groups, they are taking the risk of being killed at distances, by other friendly lines. In the fog of war, or in some cases with the terrain it is almost impossible to tell friend from foe. Anytime I'm in line or skirmishing I always reiterate to the people around me to identify their targets before firing. I believe that a lot of the TK's have to deal with someone having an itchy trigger finger. On my end I can tell at long ranges who is blue, and who is gray.

With the melee mode I believe that the current regiments, and active players need to practice their melee attacks. Common sense would tell you don't try and stab the one yank or reb surrounded by five people, but then again common sense isn't there all the time.

Just my two cents.

1st Lt. Zachariah Walsh
    3rd NC Co. A

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    LOL. The most irritating part of that incident was I had actually survived being bayneted, my screen was all psychedelic, .
    I forgot about the whole 'psychedelic experience' Bayonetting is then like being a colorblind drunk and waving a sharp knife around ... some dislike it (I like it though, it adds immersion ... however you need to be carefull with the tk's then)
    Last edited by Redleader; 01-24-2018 at 06:22 PM.
    I write for my personal account and from personal experience, unless stated otherwise.

CSA Captain

I've seen intentional teamkills with different regiments killing randoms who would not stop blaring their music through voice chat.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

CSA Major

I noticed an increase in my personal team killing around a month ago - I had one session where I managed to kill three comrades in around 5 minutes; I decided I was on a roll and quit playing for the evening. But these took place in Miller's Cornfeld and a wooded area i.e. places where target identification is often very difficult, and where it can be expected, to a certain degree.

I don't know whether my increase was caused by playing on obscured maps more frequently or whether I was just going through a streak of being bad at playing, as I would not describe myself as having an itchy trigger finger. However, I did notice a general increase in TK'ing among other players at the same time on the EU events, generally accidental. Can't speak about what happens on the US events as its way past my beddie-by time.

USA General of the Army

Another form of Noob TKing, that I have witnessed, is when someone insists on being a Rambo and the cost of their death "In Formation" by TK is less costly than their repeated attempts to die "Out Of Formation".

I understand the thought process but am neither convinced that it is effective nor condone its use.
    There are better ways to convince someone to be a Team Player and if they won't learn ... Private Servers will limit their presence.