Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Napoleon Total War: ACW Mod 2.0

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Saris View Post
    I wish there was a campaign for the ACW mod for NTW. I played Brother vs Brother for ETW but the campaign would crash around 25 turns.
    You should try running an older version, I cant remember the exact number correctly (3.5 ?!) but that one was running without any issues....one CTD here and there but it never ruined the campaign
    " ...it appears the Virginia Military Institute will be heard from today."

With virtue as our beacon. Our cause is charged as treason, Battle worn and starving. Through the hell of war we'll keep marching. The birth of our new nation
    - Iced Earth

Just looked at the video and downloading it now cant wait to play it!

Just played some of the mods its sick.

USA Major

Just did a single player and it was smooth as glass, nice sound design, love the amount of maps... great work!

If you dont know how to play the historical battles in singleplayer:

Click on multiplayer, choose historical battles. There just fill the player spots with the AI

USA Major

Just a note. I played two battles tonight on multiplayer (1 v 1 and 3 v 2) and both times the server crashed pretty early in the battle and everyone got tossed. The same thing happened last night with some of my friends.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Okay, bought, installed, all the trickery addressed.

Totally confused.

Attempted to try one battle, had no idea what to do.

Guess this will take time to learn.

HEY!!! That's MY mod Glad to hear feedback over at twcenter.net if you guys have anything to add. This latest version was 15 months in the making after I released 1.0 back in 2014. I am working on new content for 2.1 along with a couple bug fixes. Five to ten new maps including day 2 at Chickamauga and the Missionary Ridge battles. More scenarios as well, some for the 2.0 maps. I would like to also get more Valley Campaign maps included. If you follow along or have ideas, resource links, etc, I'm glad to have them.

As to the 'lack of uniqueness'... I would agree in part, depending on your point of reference as to the 'custom' battle units or the Historical Scenario units. For the all of the scenario units, I had to develop a normalization table to keep some sanity among the 3.700 units. I based most of my research on John Tiller's Battleground series, using his unit quality ratings A-F. So your Iron Brigades/Stonewall Brigades are your "A" units at a base morale of 15, then on down the line with "2" as your "F" value. Other stats are based off of that morale/quality number. It was the only way to keep things evenly treated across all units and years, etc. I FULLY expect good arguments can be made for changing specific units, so present a good one and I'll consider it in the overall scope. As well, if you find anything else that would change a unit in a scenario, let me know... things like repeating rifles at that battle, etc.

Thanks for playing and I will stay at work on expansions and improvements so if you have some ideas or other feedback, please drop by twcenter.net and let me know. This mod is now under their "Hosted Modifications" section in the Napoleon sub-form.

Thanks!
    Slyk
    Developer of "North & South: American Civil War 2.0 for Napoleon Total War"
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...ican-Civil-War

Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
    Just a note. I played two battles tonight on multiplayer (1 v 1 and 3 v 2) and both times the server crashed pretty early in the battle and everyone got tossed. The same thing happened last night with some of my friends.
    Shiloh, if you can be specific as to which maps and faction armies you used? If one of the guys you had involved had ANY other mod file, that could be a mis-match issue. Everything has to be the same so I always suggest removing all other mod packs. There have been very few bug/crash reports so knowing as much as you can tell me would help isolate the issue. I do think some players are having issues with combining Cavalry but I have never been able to recreate the issue. If you anything to add, please feel free. Thanks!
    Developer of "North & South: American Civil War 2.0 for Napoleon Total War"
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...ican-Civil-War

Quote Originally Posted by Slyk_MinionWorkz View Post
    Shiloh, if you can be specific as to which maps and faction armies you used? If one of the guys you had involved had ANY other mod file, that could be a mis-match issue. Everything has to be the same so I always suggest removing all other mod packs. There have been very few bug/crash reports so knowing as much as you can tell me would help isolate the issue. I do think some players are having issues with combining Cavalry but I have never been able to recreate the issue. If you anything to add, please feel free. Thanks!

Loving the mod so far. On Saturday night the Sgt. Major in my regiment fought HD Cody and it was streamed. The commentary was hilarious and I alot of people watching were pretty impressed with all the work you have done.