Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Griefers

CSA Captain

Griefers

Now that you are not excepting reports on griefers how is the community to deal with them.

There was malicious intentional team killing in last nights NA event and no devs on to witness it.

Are they allowed free reign to disrupt others if there is no dev online or is there a way you plan on dealing with this now that you are not excepting reports on such things.

Some advice would be helpful.

They can grief to their heart’s content. Until they get a permanent ban that is.

- Trusty

I can't imagine paying $69 for a game and then risking being perma-banned. I've heard of people into the self-mutilation kink, though.

I'm of the (new player) opinion that it's really hard to tell what's intentional tk'ing and what isn't. It's not like Squad where you can drop a frag at spawn and kill your whole team at once. Easy to call a foul on that behavior. I've only had the game since last Wednesday, but as far as I can recall after the first bloody day and apparently being the last to know we were in fact crossing the river, I've managed to not teamkill anyone over the weekend and hopefully I can keep up that streak. Sometimes it meant holding my fire at something I really should have been shooting at, maybe getting stabbed a few times as they got closer and I realized —too late— that they weren't the reinforcements I was looking for.

From what I'm grasping so far of the game's concept, it seems far worse to open fire carelessly and kill a team-mate who is 'out of line' than it is to be killed 'in formation' while holding your fire. If in doubt, hold your fire. But, as far as I can tell, no scoreboard is tracking your kills. No one is really going to know how well or poorly you did in battle, except maybe you, and that's only if you have good eyesight, a 400K monitor, and can see if you're actually dropping all those far-off enemies with your shots. Or, maybe someone else's shot got to them first, who knows if it actually was you.

The icing on the cake—the pinnacle of the irony—was a veteran shouting in chat this weekend about all the new players teamkilling each other, and then, only moments later, having his name featured in the chat box as teamkilling someone else. This guy was in a company. Not a random. Seems it really can happen to anyone.

I suggest whoever gets the most teamkills in a round automatically has to take role of color bearer if the slot is open. Teamkill someone with the flag and I'll be impressed.

I will admit that it was bad yesterday. At one point I wondered if the yanks had all gone into spectator mode and were just watching the rebels kill each other. I don't think it was good for the server population either, as frustrated players seemed to be leaving in droves.
    Last edited by ShepherdOfCats; 01-29-2018 at 01:48 PM.

CSA Major

Perhaps the team-killing will slacken off once the use of the colours is properly implemented. There's very little reason to use them right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post
    Perhaps the team-killing will slacken off once the use of the colours is properly implemented. There's very little reason to use them right now.
    Well, if you get shot by a team mate while holding your colors, I'd say you have a good case for an intentional teamkill report. So there's one reason, heh.

I played around with color bearer over the weekend (I'm a terrible shot anyway, not much difference between handing me a musket or a flag at the moment) and whenever a group went out from the main line to try to flank, I tried to go with them. The greatest risk seems to be trying to return back to your line without getting teamkilled. Having a flag guy with you seems to lessen the risk. It's definitely not a rewarding job. But, like I said, there's no points. no personal scoreboard, so maybe it doesn't really matter.
    Last edited by ShepherdOfCats; 01-29-2018 at 02:10 PM.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    A lot of tk comes, I think, from returing rambos.

Other times I am of the opinion that people who couldn't get on the side they wanted, due to the balance feature, fire indiscriminately at team members knowing their adding to the eventuality of defeat. These people are unaware there is no mechanism keeping track of wins or losses, so what's the polnt of who wins or loses?

Then there's the other equation I won't press any further.

CSA Captain

I agree with AP Hill here. Most of the TK'ing I see is returning rambos. You're not supposed to Rambo so if you get TK'd there its really your own fault. Most other TK's I see is really mistaken identity where they fire on their own in the distance. This the result of not properly communicating where you take your Squad/Platoon or not carrying any colors with you. So either be very clear and exact of where you are and where you are going and/or carry colors with you.

Sometimes though there's always that one dimwit who, despite being told by the whole damn platoon that "THOSE ARE FRIENDLIES HOLD YOUR FIRE" still feel the need to crack off a shot. That's accountable negligence to me.

CSA Captain

Let me be clear.

There was nothing random nor accidental about this incident.

It was malicious and intentional.

Standing behind our line on the fence team killing and team killing taunting in in game chat the entire time.

If there wasn't 20 or more team kills there wasn't a one.

I have nothing further to say on this incident.

Sorry to hear it.

As stated previously, we don't accept reports anymore as it did nothing but turn the community against itself and wasted dev time.

Currently you can't tk more than 3 people without being auto kicked. We will look into giving a temp ban from the server when that happens as well for 30 mins to an hour or so in the future.

- Trusty

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Sorry to hear it.

As stated previously, we don't accept reports anymore as it did nothing but turn the community against itself and wasted dev time.

Currently you can't tk more than 3 people without being auto kicked. We will look into giving a temp ban from the server when that happens as well for 30 mins to an hour or so in the future.

- Trusty

Maybe an idea if you want to keep 'griefers' at bay but to prevent a community riot :

• A report (like with the errors) where you can send in a screenshot
    • A 'closed' forum section where mods can write down their 'solution'
    • Report through PM the action and reason.

For me the problem was not the thread about Tk's but the generalisation, people are very nervous about Tk's an other gamingproblems (like cheaters in COD or Playerunknown Battleground ...), they expect a signal.
    I write for my personal account and from personal experience, unless stated otherwise.