Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Field of Shoes"

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRithal View Post
    Thats really cool. What was up with the confederate flag on it though? Was she from Colorado? Or some place else?
    She was from Mississippi and died in Epps, La. About an hours drive W of Vicksburg. My great grandfather was Irish and great grandmother was Cherokee. Grandma never left those states except for the one trip she and grandpa took with our Uncle to Nebraska. She couldn't get over how long it took to get there. Oh, and she never believed ppl walked on the moon "can't get there, no way". But she believed the soap operas were real and being shown from those peoples' homes. lol She never learned how to drive either.

zimm out

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer1lb View Post
    She was from Mississippi and died in Epps, La. About an hours drive W of Vicksburg. My great grandfather was Irish and great grandmother was Cherokee. Grandma never left those states except for the one trip she and grandpa took with our Uncle to Nebraska. She couldn't get over how long it took to get there. Oh, and she never believed ppl walked on the moon "can't get there, no way". But she believed the soap operas were real and being shown from those peoples' homes. lol She never learned how to drive either.

zimm out
    Yeah XD I had a great grandfather who was born in like, 1898 and he didn't believe we walked on the moon either. He also thought something similar about TV shows. Like, with war movies, he thought that the actors in the movies were actually getting killed XD. I never met him, but there are lots of stories about him floating around the family
    "The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on Earth." - Lieutenant General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

"It is well that war is so terrible. Otherwise we should grow too fond of it." - General Robert E. Lee

"I would rather die a thousand deaths than betray a friend." - Confederate Scout, Sam Davis

Brigadier General James J. Archer
    Archer's Brigade
    A.P. Hill's Light Division
    Army of Northern Virginia

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRithal View Post
    Yeah XD I had a great grandfather who was born in like, 1898 and he didn't believe we walked on the moon either. He also thought something similar about TV shows. Like, with war movies, he thought that the actors in the movies were actually getting killed XD. I never met him, but there are lots of stories about him floating around the family
    My great great grandma thought cameras were the work of Satan. She died in the 1980s. Never got to meet her, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mi'kmaq View Post
    My great great grandma thought cameras were the work of Satan. She died in the 1980s. Never got to meet her, sadly.
    My dad took us kids to a funeral near Hattiesburg, Mississippi when I was about 8 yrs old. It was out in the country in an old house. Typical old house, never been painted. And Great Uncle Conn was in his casket in the living room. I'd never seen him before, nor all the relatives that were there. Uncle Conn had solid white hair and a nicely trimmed mustache that went near the bottom of his jaw. Being the curious kid (and taking a dare) I reached up and toughed his cold.....hard....cheek...000000. We stayed an extra day and that was when I learned we had an uncle who was our age......????.....go figure. They had all kinds of animals, of course, and that was the first time I sat a horse. woohoo. Funny the things you remember.

zimm out

Quote Originally Posted by Mi'kmaq View Post
    I still think they are.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Historical Player View Post
    I still think they are.
    2p00ky4me :0

USA General of the Army

I still think they are.
    They take your sole away from you!

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    They take your sole away from you!
    Yes, and they make me look like some hideous creature!

USA General of the Army

Yes, and they make me look like some hideous creature!
    Actually I get quite lucky. I look like me but with bright red eyes as the sole of our lord and savor Satan fills my body!