Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Field of Shoes"

Quote Originally Posted by Mi'kmaq View Post
    Will watch all of them :3 I'm currently down in Alabama working on the farm, but I'll have a good amount of time when I go home to watch movies.

- Trusty

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post

- Trusty
    I thought of that too xD. My grandad was tellin me stories about how he remember his dad burning mounds of Confederate money.

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

I thought of that too xD. My grandad was tellin me stories about how he remember his dad burning mounds of Confederate money.
    My grandfather was born in the mid 30s in Georgia. He could remember going into his grandparent's attic as a kid and playing with Confederate money, uniforms, and a few bayonets that he and his siblings had found in a chest up there. Isn't that a kick XD.
    "The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on Earth." - Lieutenant General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

"It is well that war is so terrible. Otherwise we should grow too fond of it." - General Robert E. Lee

"I would rather die a thousand deaths than betray a friend." - Confederate Scout, Sam Davis

Brigadier General James J. Archer
    Archer's Brigade
    A.P. Hill's Light Division
    Army of Northern Virginia

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRithal View Post
    My grandfather was born in the mid 30s in Georgia. He could remember going into his grandparent's attic as a kid and playing with Confederate money, uniforms, and a few bayonets that he and his siblings had found in a chest up there. Isn't that a kick XD.
    Since we're sharing Civil War related stories. My great grandpa was a klansman. Don't know much more other than that, sadly. My 4th great grandad was captured, released, and then joined up again to fight against the Union. This was written down in a German bible up in Missouri. Kin may still have his drum and fife. A cousin was a Union general. He founded El Paso and my family still has some of his stuff.

Since we're sharing Civil War related stories. My great grandpa was a klansman. Don't know much more other than that, sadly. My 4th great grandad was captured, released, and then joined up again to fight against the Union. This was written down in a German bible up in Missouri. Kin may still have his drum and fife. A cousin was a Union general. He founded El Paso and my family still has some of his stuff.
    That's really cool! I had many ancestors in the Civil War, but we don't have any of their stuff. I did get to play with my Great Grandad's World War 2 Japanese Samurai Sword he was issued when the Japs surrendered.

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

My grandfather on the other side had a quilt that was hand-made by his grandmother in the very very early 1900s. She was either full blooded, or 50% Cherokee. She told him to go out and find tobacco pouches. She didn't tell him why or anything, but just told him to do it. So after finding a few dozen for her, she began putting the quilt together with dye made from berries and such from the surrounding woods. He went off to the military, and when he returned, it was gone. (We think one of the in-laws stole it back in the 30s XD)
    "The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on Earth." - Lieutenant General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

"It is well that war is so terrible. Otherwise we should grow too fond of it." - General Robert E. Lee

"I would rather die a thousand deaths than betray a friend." - Confederate Scout, Sam Davis

Archer's Brigade

My grandfather on the other side had a quilt that was hand-made by his grandmother in the very very early 1900s. She was either full blooded, or 50% Cherokee. She told him to go out and find tobacco pouches. She didn't tell him why or anything, but just told him to do it. So after finding a few dozen for her, she began putting the quilt together with dye made from berries and such from the surrounding woods. He went off to the military, and when he returned, it was gone. (We think one of the in-laws stole it back in the 30s XD)
    Ahhh.....that is just plain wrong to take something like that.

zimm out

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer1lb View Post
    Ahhh.....that is just plain wrong to take something like that.

zimm out
    Definitely. She made it just for him! Our family still has no clue where it is. The bad part is, if we asked one of the grandchildren of the person who we think stole it, they probably wouldn't tell us the truth.... (Talk about White-Trash) XDD

Archer's Brigade

Definitely. She made it just for him! Our family still has no clue where it is. The bad part is, if we asked one of the grandchildren of the person who we think stole it, they probably wouldn't tell us the truth.... (Talk about White-Trash) XDD
    My grandmother had made me a quilt and saved it for years for me to come visit. That quilt had a small Confederate flag sewn into it. I used it for years until it started getting thread bare, then gave it to my sister and she hung it on her living room wall.

zimm out

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer1lb View Post
    My grandmother had made me a quilt and saved it for years for me to come visit. That quilt had a small Confederate flag sewn into it. I used it for years until it started getting thread bare, then gave it to my sister and she hung it on her living room wall.

zimm out
    Thats really cool. What was up with the confederate flag on it though? Was she from Colorado? Or some place else?

Archer's Brigade