Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: End of match report

Quote Originally Posted by Sox View Post
    Please please, please, NEVER show individual scores
    +1, it encourages people to try and show off and go purely for kills and discourages people from working as a unit.

CSA Captain

I would really like to see my own individual “score” (only) at the end of the round to get the information if I am aiming and shooting right or not.

Definitely NO to showing other players’ results.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Bivoj View Post
    I would really like to see my own individual “score” (only) at the end of the round to get the information if I am aiming and shooting right or not.

Definitely NO to showing other players’ results.
    I agree, just a personal breakdown of wounding shots and kill shots would be nice.
    4th Texas 'C' Company

You still have video recording... you still have screenshots. Trust me, I'm a curious guy myself. All individual score does is change the dynamic from "we" to "me." There is a lot of value in the wonder that fills the vacuum of not knowing. There's a multiplying effect when you come across enemy that the team killed and any one of those could be your's you don't know. More people think they did more than they actually did. Individual kill counts especially push you back towards the standard shooter. If the game is good, you won't miss them. Resistance and Liberation never had any kill count and almost nobody ever asked for one. You forget such a thing exists because you're too focused on what's in front of you on the screen and figuring it out for yourself. Skill is proven by measurable effect and by personally demonstrating it and not by some icon flashing on the corner of the screen or tallied up at the end of a round for someone to notice you. Nobody notices you then unless you're number 1.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

CSA Captain

I agree with you, Poorlaggedman - never show any “score” during the round, never show others’ score, never show how good you are in comparison to others - BUT show how many hits (or kills) you have done in the last match - this simple message does not ruin anything you have written. I can even live with some approximate number (up to 5, 6-10, 11-15...). Just to let the player know if it is doing it right or not.

It is very different from ww2 shooter, where you see most of the kills yourself, because of close range shooting with accurate and mostly semi or full auto weapons AND mostly yourself alone shooting at single target (I am Red Orchestra veteran since RO mod times). The pixel hunting of this game is different - the line is shooting at another line. When the enemies are falling, I have no clue if it is also me causing casualties or the others only. The only way you can practice your marksmanship is Ramboing - being alone you can see the impact of your bullets.
    If you see the performamce of your bullets at the end of the round, you can learn just out of this information.

As you mentioned meny times - this is not virtual reenactment, but competetive game. In roleplaying style of play, it does not matter if you know your personal results, in competetive - it does.

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by Sox View Post
    Please please, please, NEVER show individual scores
    Quote Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
    +1, it encourages people to try and show off and go purely for kills and discourages people from working as a unit.
    Agreed ... Never!
    There are enough solo narcissist centered games out there already.
    Quality Team oriented games are way too hard to come across.

A Team score/breakdown that includes not just overall number of killed and wounded but also stats like Amount of Time Point was held ... number of Kills occurring out of Formation/skirming/solo ... would be helpful for teaching purposes, imo.
    Last edited by John Cooley; 02-16-2018 at 08:42 AM.
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

Quote Originally Posted by John Cooley View Post
    Agreed ... Never!
    There are enough solo narcissist centered games out there already.
    Quality Team oriented games are way too hard to come across.

A Team score/breakdown that includes not just overall number of killed and wounded but also stats like Amount of Time Point was held ... number of Kills occurring out of Formation/skirming/solo ... would be helpful for teaching purposes, imo.

A few updates ago the score screen was updated to show killed in formation, skirmishing and out of line.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    There is a lot of value in the wonder that fills the vacuum of not knowing.
    Profound! +1
    4th Texas 'C' Company

Ive never thought that it needs to be like "ding, you got a kill" but seeing you kills at the end might be cool...or depressing in my case, lol.
    2nd Lieutenant Eoghan O'Cobhtaigh

CSA Captain

I am absolutely cool with the idea, that not the indivudual but a certain given unit should be considered in the End of Match report and I strongly support this. Although I admit that sometimes I would really like to have at least a hit count at the end; just to be able to see how (in)efficient my shots have been.

Maybe worth considering?!