Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 30-7-2015 Nineteenth field report: Graphical Updates

30-7-2015 Nineteenth field report: Graphical Updates

Nineteenth field report: Graphical Updates posted 30-07-2015 CLICK TO VIEW

A short but nice field report. Thanks for that.
    I prefer plan B, because you dont get only new artists and programmers you also get some money for your really great work so far!
    Everything you do is okay as long as you dont cancel this project... you would destroy many dreams.

Yay a new field report! I love the new graphics, but I do think you should go with Plan B. I would be happy to help in any way that I can. (Which isn't much because the only thing I could do is research and get the history spot on). Maybe you can release the skirmishes a bit early to help get the money.

USA Captain

I would go for plan B and get an early access version out on steam; from almost every hyped up early access (e.g: H1Z1, ARK) people will pay to experience it - instant cash for you.

It may also be worth discussing with Universities both in EU and the US in setting up some sort of internship program between your two entities for programming. It could be free to low paid internships, you would get the help you needed and they would get experience in the industry.

Keep up the motivation and drive, it will pay off in the end!
    Last edited by Octavian360; 07-30-2015 at 05:55 PM.

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

I think we all would be more than happy to help out in a crowd funding campaign. However, this community isn't very large at the moment. We have right around 100 people active right now, noted, it has gotten bigger, but a crowdfunding campaign would really need to reach out to a lot of people for it to be successful. To give everyone an idea, if everyone who was active donated 20 U.S dollars to this project, that is $2100. If everyone who is registered on the site donated 20 U.S dollars, that is $9,880.

I don't know how much money ya'll foresee that we will need in a plan B action, but I definitely think we should get ahead of the game and start making major movements towards getting as many people interested in this as possible. I have taken up the route of contacting important people in different gaming groups, just asking them to check it out. They all instantly love it say they will spread the word. I suggest everyone attempts to take actions like this. I want this game to be a reality.
    "The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on Earth." - Lieutenant General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

"It is well that war is so terrible. Otherwise we should grow too fond of it." - General Robert E. Lee

"I would rather die a thousand deaths than betray a friend." - Confederate Scout, Sam Davis

Brigadier General James J. Archer
    Archer's Brigade
    A.P. Hill's Light Division
    Army of Northern Virginia

Plan B sounds interesting... I don't know how much money will be drawn from it because the community now is not very large. In time it will grow, obviously, but the money needed to get these programmers will not come from the campaign alone. I hope this can be released.

RhettVito
    Go with the plan B and we can all donate and we can also send it to everyone we know. Like you guys could do a video about the game showing it off and asking for donation's within the video .

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Republic of Texas, Confederate States of America
    The video that George commentated on would be perfect to showcase the game! However, possibly an updated one would be better that includes many of the new features that have been released and could include soldiers marching around.

I appreciate plan B, however, I agree that since our community is fairly small, the funding may not be what could be potential. I could predict that the crowdfunding campaign would open the eyes of many more people, including a vast majority of the NaS community. Also, side-note, I recommend reaching out to members of the Verdun community since they, like us, are avid historical gamers.

USA Private

I know I'm not a developer and have never developed a game, however, I would highly suggest that you guys continue searching for freelance programmers who know what the are doing and what not, or low priced ones.

If that doesn't go to plan then hell, go with B. I'm certain the community will donate spare cash in order to see this game completed.

USA Captain

I hold to the belief that once this gets on a big platform [such as steam] it will have no issues with money. The struggle is getting it from point A to point B in a functional manner.