Thread: Avast stops game from launching

Avast stops game from launching

So this is a new one. All of a sudden avast has decided to list the WarOfRight.exe as an IDP-Generic virus. This has never happened before in all the time I have ad WOR. Must have come about in the latest update or something. Even disabling Avast does not stop avast from moving the exe into the virus chest. I had to unistall my Anti Virus to play it. Would be nice it this was patched as I have a subscription to Avast and wouldnt mind using it.
    Private 1st Premier Brigade Celtique

Avast has been causing issues for our alpha backers since day 1 practically.

The vast majority of people are able to get around it by adding the entire War of Rights folder found in Steam/steamapps/common as an exception in the settings of avast, then verify the game files via Steam.

- Trusty

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Avast has been causing issues for our alpha backers since day 1 practically.

The vast majority of people are able to get around it by adding the entire War of Rights folder found in Steam/steamapps/common as an exception in the settings of avast, then verify the game files via Steam.

- Trusty
    Hah, "The vast majority of people".