Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Free camera mode for cheating

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by John Cooley View Post
    My Company will NOT be using the spectator cam except for the gathering of video for promotional and training materials.
    I think the main part of the community think so or at least the part which aim for realism.
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

USA General of the Army

Just because II Corps feel it isn't unsporting/cheating doesn't make it so. When other units want a fair fight, using it has no honour to it. Your company has used it as has a lot of II Corps, it's rather well documented that you guys use it.

I'd strongly, STRONGLY, suggest that those units that do use it look to halt such actions. There is no fun to be had in playing against someone who is essentially using a modern drone to scout you and react instantly to your moments. It takes any and all the competitiveness out of the engagements and just kills the mood. When the cam is change to the spectator slot only, then it will be unquestionably cheating. As long as it remeinds as it is thought it's a bit grey.

USA General of the Army

My company has NEVER used it nor will they EVER!
    I defy you to prove this unfounded accusation ... any of your many, for that matter.
    I know of 2 units in II Corps that use it but Cobb's never has nor will.
    Get your facts straight before impugning someone's Honor, especially in public or your responses will be made in like manner.
    Obviously, as usual, you failed to read the post other than to cherry pick a few items that can be used in your never-ending vendetta against those you have chosen to constantly malign.

I was not the one who declared it as NOT Cheating.
    It is the Devs who have stated publicly that it is an intended game feature, can be used in skirmishes and will not be removed from Public Servers.
    Just because Bravescot feels it is unsporting/cheating doesn't make it so.

I appreciate your belief that somehow I have this great Power over the Devs and various Company Commanders but you are way off base.
    We ALL can only make decisions for ourselves and our companies and no amount of bullying or twisting of facts is going to make people change their minds on whether or not to use the Spectator Cam for scouting.
    Private Servers will allow units to create their own set of Rules of Engagements but, as stated by the Devs, Public Servers will have a very open Ruleset.
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

CSA Captain

If you consider the spectator camera to be cheating, its nothing different from having one of your guys on the other team. Until we can get private servers where the admins can turn off spectator cam, it will always be in the game.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

Please keep the discussion centered on the wor cam, gents. Any more pointing fingers and mudslinging and the thread will get closed down.

- Trusty

USA Brigadier General

Just because Bravescot feels it is unsporting/cheating doesn't make it so.

I think we all agree that the simple use of the cam just to make videos etc isn't unsporting or cheating. It's unsporting if somebody use it to give calls to their company but that's something that can happen and as I stated out:

Let them use it. If somebody need that it shows the lag of competence and commanding skills. Members with "honor" or the ambition to play war of rights as real as possible will left the unit.

And to be honest:

I can't imagine something more funny than defeat an enemy with this advantage.

I will walk behind him like that:

EDIT: Just want to say that I am not pointing with my finger at anyone. I agree with Trusty and ask you boys if you could stop that and start a objective and polite discussion about that topic.
    Last edited by Maximus Decimus Meridius; 02-14-2018 at 09:01 AM.
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    Just because II Corps feel it isn't unsporting/cheating doesn't make it so. When other units want a fair fight, using it has no honour to it. Your company has used it as has a lot of II Corps, it's rather well documented that you guys use it.

I'd strongly, STRONGLY, suggest that those units that do use it look to halt such actions. There is no fun to be had in playing against someone who is essentially using a modern drone to scout you and react instantly to your moments. It takes any and all the competitiveness out of the engagements and just kills the mood. When the cam is change to the spectator slot only, then it will be unquestionably cheating. As long as it remeinds as it is thought it's a bit grey.
    Bravescot. I would love to see this documentation/evidence you speak of the II corp using spectator cam. I play every event and I'm telling you that we DO NOT USE it. So please do not spread lies!

The WoR cam might be considered poor sportmanship by some but it is not cheating as it is an intended feature.

I will close this thread as there’s no use in pointing fingers at all - you might as well object to people reloading their weapons - they merely use the game mechanics available.

- Trusty