Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Free camera mode for cheating

Free camera mode for cheating

I have noticed lately that it appears people on both sides may be using the free camera mode to cheat. I have on several occasions I have been flanking the enemy behind cover so they can't see my groups movements while another group keeps them occupied. The moment I start my moving out from spawn towards a far flank, the enemy main force splits in two and rushes to the exact point my line was heading. Most of the time I have barley left spawn when they start to counter. I understand that there will allays be cheaters in games,but I wonder if there is something that can be done to counter this. I would hate to see this option go away because it has allowed people to make great videos but on the other hand if some abuse this, it may cause people to stop playing. I hope this made since, and if its posted somewhere else I am sorry for beating a dead horse.

-Monkey

Spectating will always be exploitable.

We will show who's spectating in the future (although if people start blindly accusing random people for cheating we will remove it again).

- Trusty

Oh, people are 100 percent using the free camera to cheat, I see units instantly start shifting once others move out on the other team. One of my friends was playing on Union, and whenever they went left/right, a big unit (they will remain unnamed) instantly shifted left/right.

USA Lieutenant General

Yeah, it sucks. There's almost no point in trying to be sneaky with our attacks anymore. At this point both sides are just going to keep using it because they can't trust the other side not to.

We might look into a server admin option to disable it in the future - it is here to stay on the official servers though.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

The only maps that it may be useful on is east and west woods.

The other maps are to open for any kind of sneak attacks.

And spitting the force in two and shifting left and right as needed has been the norm before the free cam came along.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhal View Post
    The only maps that it may be useful on is east and west woods.

The other maps are to open for any kind of sneak attacks.

And spitting the force in two and shifting left and right as needed has been the norm before the free cam came along.
    On any map, it is a massive advantage to use the camera to cheat and predict where your opponent is or how strong they are. And I know that people split their forces, but they do it the SECOND the other team starts to move and they are certainly out of sight.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
    On any map, it is a massive advantage to use the camera to cheat and predict where your opponent is or how strong they are. And I know that people split their forces, but they do it the SECOND the other team starts to move and they are certainly out of sight.
    Not sure which map and when you are referring to but it seems to be a CSA company that is large.

Well I am part of a large CSA company that was fighting in the west woods today and every time we went right we ran into a big Union group we went left same thing happened several times.

There were comments there must be someone on free cam on the union side.

More then likely it was just coincidence and I know no one on our side was on free cam during the EU event.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhal View Post
    Not sure which map and when you are referring to but it seems to be a CSA company that is large.

Well I am part of a large CSA company that was fighting in the west woods today and every time we went right we ran into a big Union group we went left same thing happened several times.

There were comments there must be someone on free cam on the union side.

More then likely it was just coincidence and I know no one on our side was on free cam during the EU event.

Dunker church is where I saw it the worst, and I remember fighting in West Woods today and I thought the same thing but it was not as blatantly evident as it was on Dunker Church.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
    Dunker church is where I saw it the worst, and I remember fighting in West Woods today and I thought the same thing but it was not as blatantly evident as it was on Dunker Church.
    Yup was part of that two mostly on the left.

You can see them coming from there spawn you would have to be playing Steve Wonder and Ray Charles to be able to sneak up on them it's not a wonder we would be able to react quickly.