Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Free camera mode for cheating

Quote Originally Posted by jwhal View Post
    Yup was part of that two mostly on the left.

You can see them coming from there spawn you would have to be playing Steve Wonder and Ray Charles to be able to sneak up on them it's not a wonder we would be able to react quickly.
    You cannot see them moving super clearly at spawn. My point is forces are being moved before you can see them on that map, I have played both sides plenty of times to know the exact spots and landmarks when you can see them, and there's no way in hell that the CSA saw them early enough to shift a bulk of their forces.
    Last edited by McMuffin; 02-12-2018 at 01:22 AM.

It's not the developers job to police the community but it is to provide transparency. It's emphatically abused at present by organizations and it compromises the integrity of the gameplay. It isn't an 'accusation.' Organizations in this game are going to hate each other to some degree. It's a fact of life. Don't lament it and demand paradise. This is the nicest it's going to get. There's a large contingent of players in this stage of the Alpha that are appeased at non-competitive Civil War combat (basically digital reenacting) but there's no good reason not to have a competitive game at any stage in development. Servers should have the ability to enable/disable spectator mode for non-admins and who is spectating should always be transparent.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
    You cannot see them moving super clearly at spawn. My point is forces are being moved before you can see them on that map, I have played both sides plenty of times to know the exact spots and landmarks when you can see them, and there's no way in hell that the CSA saw them early enough to shift a bulk of their forces.
    I guess we are all entitled our own opinion you are correct you can not see them at there spawn but you can see them from a very far distance away. And I have to inform you about not being able to see them and react soon enough to cover the far flanks but you are dead wrong on that point.

You can thank the 51st for doing that over and over again on us to make us very aware of that maneuver.

CSA Captain

By the way who ever started going far right tonight and shifting back to center to counter our counter good move.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhal View Post
    By the way who ever started going far right tonight and shifting back to center to counter our counter good move.

That would be courtesy of our commanding officer Stockton

CSA Captain

This feature only benefits youtubers....it brings nothing to the game other than a marketing feature.

That said the quality of the youtube battle reports is now exceptional.
    Last edited by Charles Caldwell; 02-12-2018 at 09:14 AM.
    4th Texas 'C' Company

USA Captain

I'm quite disappointed & a bit sad it is being exploited, especially this early in the game development.

I wish people were a bit less focussed on "winning" at all costs and just enjoyed the game a bit more.

And some honesty never hurts.

CSA Captain

It feels better to win without using it.

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by C. Moser View Post
    It feels better to win without using it.
    exactly.

And how helpless has a commander to be to need such a thing?

Seems like he has a very small one.........

Sabre of course

But it's a very great feature to create fantastic videos which are important for marketing and promotion. I hope and trust in CG that they will find a solution to allow the feature and make Ghosting impossible.
    Last edited by Maximus Decimus Meridius; 02-13-2018 at 12:41 PM.
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

USA General of the Army

We have looked into this closely and had several meetings regarding the Spectator Cam.
    It is a heated topic and a personal choice.

I, personally, never use it nor do I encourage anyone to use ANY Advantage to Cheat their way to a win.
    That being said ...
    The Devs have made it clear that the Spectator Cam is NOT cheating and will NOT be removed.
    Again ... I do not like it, nor its use, but that is a separate issue.
    I have heard the assertion that it could be considered akin to the hot air reconnaissance balloons employed during that time but I am still not sure I buy it.

it is a great asset for video production but should it be used in combat?

Luckily, for me, I don't have to make that decision for any company except Cobb's Legion (GA) Company C.
    II Corps High Command gives recommendations, support and advice to our member units but our Company Commanders have nearly complete autonomy.
    They run their units, as they see fit, within certain Guidelines.
    One of those is ...
    Cheating, in any form, is not tolerated ... period.

The use of Teamspeak and the Spectator Cam have been declared, by the Devs, as Permissible and it is up to each Captain to decide if they favor immersion over function.

Again, before the bundled panties get thrown up here on stage ...
    My Company will NOT be using the spectator cam except for the gathering of video for promotional and training materials.

For those who DO chose to use it I support your Right to freely choose without being ridiculed, shamed or bullied and offer this quote ...
    "Never allow a person to tell you no who doesn't have the power to say yes."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt
    Last edited by John Cooley; 02-13-2018 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Stupid spelling error heh
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.