Thread: Increase Backer Steam rewards

CSA Major

Increase Backer Steam rewards

I am going to increase my pledge when taxes come to Brig Gen, And I love this game! But I am finding it difficult to understand how at almost $200 a backer would only receive 2 copies of this game, I have kickstarted many games and this is the only one that seems to be a bit stingy on handing out extra copies to promote the game thru the backers.

I love this game but I want to see it be very successful, and to do that you need more people. I will make videos and stream but if we cant hand out extra steam copies its much harder for us to bring in the masses. when I backed Blackwake, I got 3 extra copies of the game for 60 bucks! UBoot I also backed and got an extra copy at $45.

Suggestion would be to move the backer reward of an extra steam copy down to a lower tier, or increase the copies and scatter them throughout the pledge tree.

Again I love the game, and I only want it to be successful to the point that people are playing this years after its first release, so you can make more why we are doing so!

CSA Major

As far as I'm aware you're also gaining the physical rewards that are included on the Major tier, plus everything else.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post
    As far as I'm aware you're also gaining the physical rewards that are included on the Major tier, plus everything else.
    True and I should have noted that but physical rewards in a crowdfunded game are very common, but whats the cost of a digital copy of the game? really nothing.
    The more people that play = the more people that will buy.

CSA Major

Not if you’re giving the copies away for free.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post
    Not if you’re giving the copies away for free.
    DING! DING! DING!

And we have a winner, folks!

Not the the OP is suggesting free digital downloads but I personally hope and pray this game is never, ever free. The reason is that as soon as Source SDK base (Half-life 2's engine) became free there was an explosion of trolls. Not because all these random new people showed up it was because anyone could generate as many accounts as they wanted to get around bans. There was even trolling mechanisms in place that generated new steamids very easily, almost automatically and allowed you to transfer your files with ease. There were literally some trolls who'd show up, be blatant, and keep coming back within a span of 5 minutes. IP bans worked a little better, but those can be circumnavigated too. Just imposing some minimal cost on each steamids entry into the game is critical, even if we're ten years out and playership lags one day.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    DING! DING! DING!

And we have a winner, folks!
    Uh....there not free you just paid 200$ for two copies of a digital game, and no one will play this game if they don’t know about it that’s why backers get extra copies to spread the word.
    I’m suggesting giving away more copies for 200$! amount spent, and to spread the rewards out more amongst the tiers

CSA Captain

At first I thought this was basically a begging thread. But I know some people who'd be interested in this game if they just got a chance to play it. So yea, I'd know some people I'd gift the game too if I could for my pledge. Wouldn't exactly bring money into the coffers for Campfire of course.