Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: objective discussions and behavior

USA Brigadier General

objective discussions and behavior

The WoR cam might be considered poor sportmanship by some but it is not cheating as it is an intended feature.

I will close this thread as there’s no use in pointing fingers at all - you might as well object to people reloading their weapons - they merely use the game mechanics available.

- Trusty

Just wanted to thank all the people who could't stop pointing with the finger on others.

That's one reason why I do not participate as frequently in discussion as before.

I am annoyed by childish behaviour and would like to have a better discussion culture in this forum as it has been for months.

The spectator cam is a great topic for discussion and is a very important one which must be discussed by the community because it seems that there are many opinions out there. We discussed it over hours on our Teamspeak with all our hopes, dreams, fears and opinions but it seems that's not possible here in the forum since every time a discussion ends in a fight. I don't blame anyone or pointing at anyone. It's a fact that there are a lot of threads out there which got closed due to bad behaviour.

I hope we do not end up like the FSE community.

Just my opinion. I will join now my TS and discuss this topic with friends who can hold an objective discussion even if we have a heated atmosphere. Ahh and a side note: the half of the boys are confederate but we are capable of sharing a TS a forum and a website with them either way. Wanted to say that because often a discussion ends with a fight between confeds and federals what is very childish from my point of view.

bye

-signed-

a annoyed forum lover and WoR fanboy
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

USA General of the Army

An intended feature as it might be, it's use to one up your foe in order to have instant reactivity to their movements in down right dishonourable and unsporting and needs to halt. How anyone can claim to be in the right knowing they are abusing a feature intended for recording, screenshots and the likes in order to win becuase of inabilities to use forwards scouts and the like is beyond me.

I will harken back to what I said: "There is no fun to be had in playing against someone who is essentially using a modern drone to scout you and react instantly to your moments. It takes any and all the competitiveness out of the engagements and just kills the mood. When the cam is change to the spectator slot only, then it will be unquestionably cheating. As long as it remeinds as it is thought it's a bit grey."

USA Colonel

I joined this community because I heard everyone had a shared love and passion for history. (I study military history, the evolution of battlefield tactics, and stratagem.) It pains me to see everyone bickering over petty nonsense like children, when we could all be enjoying a beautiful game made with love, we can have ourselves a great time on the battlefield, then come here and have ourselves a laugh. Unfortunately I have seen a lot of arguing lately. It is my hope that this community continues to prosper, that we might be able to have many more fun times. I will not get involved in argumentative nonsense. I just want to have a good time.

CSA Captain

I think long-term the WoR Cam needs to go. The bigger the community gets, the larger the fights get, the more it will be abused as a reaper drone to gather live intelligence on opponent movement. It would defeat, without any counter, any tactical maneuver with the intent of surprise since even if it isn't used you cannot be certain about it.

CSA Major

My opinion, make it optional have(skirmish) servers that have the option and servers without so players can join which they desire. Later with the private servers a option that can be turned on or off. You can never server the whole public. Freedom in options and choices is the way to go. similar minded people will find each other this way / people who would fight with either option / and the people against it have their servers and similar minded to fight against
    Last edited by Profender; 02-14-2018 at 07:29 PM.

USA Brigadier General

one thing in our internal discussion was to give the cam a max heigth arround 5 meters or something like that and remove the flag option. The cam is still free enough to make great scenes but it's not possible to get an overall view.
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

CSA Captain

The solution to this is simple as Profender says, add on private servers the option to enable or disable, and bingo the issue is resolved. Who'd want to join an Official server with this known exploit when a private server, with drones turned off, is available!?!

Im sure that Private 'Company' servers will establish themselves as the 'must join' servers in the future, leaving the Official servers for shits and giggles.
    Last edited by Charles Caldwell; 02-14-2018 at 09:23 PM.
    4th Texas 'C' Company

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Caldwell View Post
    The solution to this is simple as Profender says, add on private servers the option to enable or disable, and bingo the issue is resolved. Who'd want to join an Official server with this known exploit when a private server, with drones turned off, is available!?!

I sure that Private 'Company' servers will establish themselves as the 'must join' servers in the future, leaving the Official servers for shits and giggles.
    Well you can have official servers with and without the cam option as well.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Profender View Post
    Well you can have official servers with and without the cam option as well.
    You can of course but I got the impression as far as the devs are concerned, Free cam is here to stay on the Official servers.
    4th Texas 'C' Company

CSA Major

Remove the anonymity, place the spectators in their own team and all will be righteous.

Be cool with one another, always.