Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Role of flag bearers & Musicians spots

USA 1st Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
    So, in theory, a CSA unit could run up and steal a Union unit's flag?
    And vise versa- a Union flag could run up and capture a Confederate unit!

Best,
    Dman979

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Dman979 View Post
    ... the flagbearer is going to have to be patient and a bit of a coward...
    I wouldn't say that a person going to a war with very high casualties and without "competent" medics is ever a coward... And then not even bringing a weapon! I'd say that the flag bearer is a hero.

Cpl. George Anthony
    Gunner

Battery A, 1st New Jersey Light Artillery
    The German Volunteers

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by VOLCUSGAMING View Post
    I wouldn't say that a person going to a war with very high casualties and without "competent" medics is ever a coward... And then not even bringing a weapon! I'd say that the flag bearer is a hero.
    The flag bearer was one of the most honored positions to fill even if it meant certain death in battle.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

USA 1st Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by VOLCUSGAMING View Post
    Sure, I agree, but that's tangential to what my point was. Basically, the flagbearer will need to stay alive and not take risks. It's no use to have a flagbearer charge the enemy team and keep getting himself killed, and he should hide behind his line of meatshields- I mean, men.

Best,
    Dman979

CSA Captain

I am also affraid, that the role of flagbearer will be exploited. Hiding inside buildings, staying behind unit in safety seems the most effective tactic. But we will see...

Quote Originally Posted by Bivoj View Post
    I am also affraid, that the role of flagbearer will be exploited. Hiding inside buildings, staying behind unit in safety seems the most effective tactic. But we will see...
    You won't be able to spawn on the flag if its bearer is out of line. If it is skirmishing you will be spawning way slower on it than if it was in formation.

- Trusty

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    You won't be able to spawn on the flag if its bearer is out of line. If it is skirmishing you will be spawning way slower on it than if it was in formation.

- Trusty
    Excellent The 'men' can cover the flagbearer of things get worse he can take cover (but be in skirmish).

Having a chance to be a flagbearer was an honor and requires bravery and discipline (as Saris already stated).
    However we'll see how that goes in practice here where a random person with a flag will just run up to enemy lines (like Bivoj said)... for glory off course ... or a nice little chat (parlez).

Think with Trusty's 'post' it will be hard to just exploit the 'flagbearer' like coming behind enemy lines and just spawn people in, also being a troll and standing between enemies just to get reinforcements shot wouldn't work (trust me I've seen it in other games).
    I write for my personal account and from personal experience, unless stated otherwise.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post

- Trusty
    That may work. Looking forward to experience it ingame...