Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Role of flag bearers & Musicians spots

CSA Major

Role of flag bearers & Musicians spots

I don’t see anywhere listed what benefit the flag bearer does, for instance does it improve the in-line unit morale?

Also if the flag bearer will have an impact on the units, then are you going to add a musician spot or a bugler?
    Another suggestion would be to have for the bugler preset calls he could play for rally’s, retreats, obliquor rights; etc.
    And the musicians could have prerecorded songs they would sing.

I like the stuff our units add in but the sound quality could be better and this way it would be more consistent.

During the civil war the musician was an actual rank and the youngest American service men were musicians; whether drummers or buglers.

Quote Originally Posted by wusker View Post
    I don’t see anywhere listed what benefit the flag bearer does, for instance does it improve the in-line unit morale?
    Also if the flag bearer will have an impact on the units, then are you going to add a musician spot or a bugler?
    Another suggestion would be to have for the bugler preset calls he could play for rally’s, retreats, obliquor rights; etc.
    The flag bearer will work as a mobile spawn point for the reserves. So people will be able to spawn near the flag bearer, for a closer respawn at the front line.

We have fancy plans for the musicians, especially for the bugler. We will reveal our plans, when the system is more detailed and once the buglers are added to the game

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    The flag bearer will work as a mobile spawn point for the reserves. So people will be able to spawn near the flag bearer, for a closer respawn at the front line.
    I'm quite curious about this. Isn't that going to make the standard bearers bullet magnets? I totally understand that they were prime targets in rl battles, but won't that be a VERY frustrating role in the game?

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Sox View Post
    I'm quite curious about this. Isn't that going to make the standard bearers bullet magnets? I totally understand that they were prime targets in rl battles, but won't that be a VERY frustrating role in the game?
    That's the whole point.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

USA 1st Lieutenant

Hopefully, it will force regiments to play more conservatively, since they don't want to lose the flag. Additionally, the flagbearer is going to have to be patient and a bit of a coward if they want to help their team.

Best,
    Dman979

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Dman979 View Post
    Hopefully, it will force regiments to play more conservatively, since they don't want to lose the flag. Additionally, the flagbearer is going to have to be patient and a bit of a coward if they want to help their team.

Best,
    Dman979
    Yeah, we cant just have random flag bearers running through enemy lines alone lol
    Last edited by Saris; 02-16-2018 at 09:35 PM.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Saris View Post
    That's the whole point.
    So....the whole point of being a standard bearer is so you can be very frustrated? Kinda glad you're not a Dev. I understand that the role will require a player to be patient, my POINT was that from a gaming perspective you're asking someone to stand there, potentially for long periods of time, while people kill them over, and over again. Not only that, but it's kind of an obvious choke point game play wise, that everyone is going to shoot at. Now for organized regiments I can see it working for a while.......other than that, good luck getting anyone to play that role.

So....the whole point of being a standard bearer is so you can be very frustrated? Kinda glad you're not a Dev. I understand that the role will require a player to be patient, my POINT was that from a gaming perspective you're asking someone to stand there, potentially for long periods of time, while people kill them over, and over again. Not only that, but it's kind of an obvious choke point game play wise, that everyone is going to shoot at. Now for organized regiments I can see it working for a while.......other than that, good luck getting anyone to play that role.
    You won't be shot over and over. Once killed with the flag it will be on the ground for others to pick up. You will spawn as a private.

- Trusty

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    You won't be shot over and over. Once killed with the flag it will be on the ground for others to pick up. You will spawn as a private.

- Trusty
    So, in theory, a CSA unit could run up and steal a Union unit's flag?

If the spawn system relies solely on the flag, rather than just as a bonus, it's gonna be a troll's dream role whether he spawned with it or picked it up.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n