Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ...When you release a patch and the game crashes over and over

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

...When you release a patch and the game crashes over and over

Love it. I came back to a game that crashes on launch. Not just for me but another player I am on discord with. No sound settings and only aesthetic changes.

Quote Originally Posted by F. L. Villarreal View Post
    Love it. I came back to a game that crashes on launch. Not just for me but another player I am on discord with. No sound settings and only aesthetic changes.
    Sorry to hear it.

Please use the error reporter at: https://warofrights.com/ErrorReporter whenever you crash.

I don't agree with the last part of your post.

- Trusty

Crashed when joining then hung on exiting server next go around.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    It's a known issue that occasionally new updates will cause such behavior. The recommended fix is to go to steam, select the game and uninstall, then going to your drive, and deleting the WoR folder in your Steam apps folder. (I usually run a disc clean after deleting,) then going back to steam and reinstall the game fresh.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by F. L. Villarreal View Post
    Always update on a clean install, it's the surest way of avoiding potential crash errors.
    For what it's worth (which is nothing, really), WoR has now been stable on my PC for quite a few updates now. Anecdotal responses are not particularly helpful.

Its crazy that myself and others in my company crash consistently yet the Devs and their underlings claim the issue mostly resolved. It shouldn't take 3-5 times to successfully load into a server that is unacceptable even for an Alpha. How many more years will it take for this game to reach beta status?

-Captain Raider

Quote Originally Posted by TRaider View Post
    Its crazy that myself and others in my company crash consistently yet the Devs and their underlings claim the issue mostly resolved. It shouldn't take 3-5 times to successfully load into a server that is unacceptable even for an Alpha. How many more years will it take for this game to reach beta status?

-Captain Raider
    We don't claim the crashing issues are mostly resolved - we've reduced them but are well aware of them still being a major issue.

In regards to you stating that it is unacceptable for an alpha - sorry but that is how our alpha is. I suggest you hold off playtesting it until it has developed further if its current state aggravates you.

- Trusty

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by TRaider View Post

-Captain Raider
    Crazy.
    Underlings, neat.

Crashing issues are certainly not resolved, it will happen from time to time for most folk under reasonable circumstances. It cannot be expected of the development team to fix every single error for every single iteration of computer systems. I am sorry that you are having so much trouble with the Technical Alpha, I can only advise that you continue to submit bug reports on each and every CTD. If you are unwilling to do this, I would advise that you take a substantial break from War of Rights and return when there is perhaps more to your approval.

The booked out events that occur every week are a testament towards the stability of the server and client.

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post
    Crazy.
    Underlings, neat.

Crashing issues are certainly not resolved, it will happen from time to time for most folk under reasonable circumstances. It cannot be expected of the development team to fix every single error for every single iteration of computer systems. I am sorry that you are having so much trouble with the Technical Alpha, I can only advise that you continue to submit bug reports on each and every CTD. If you are unwilling to do this, I would advise that you take a substantial break from War of Rights and return when there is perhaps more to your approval.

The booked out events that occur every week are a testament towards the stability of the server and client.
    Leifr,
    Youre cool peoples. If I must be honest I initially left because it started to feel like a money grab with none of the significant crash bugs being fixed and seeing aesthetic releases. For example...Harper's Ferry....I cant imagine how many man hours that took. You all may disagree and that's ok but I feel how I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post
    Crazy.
    Underlings, neat.

Its a pleasure to hear from one of the Devs trusted underlings