Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ...When you release a patch and the game crashes over and over

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by TRaider View Post
    February 22nd - Update 97 Released!
    ... recent internal testing, joining server roughly 100 times, the previous build would crash roughly 20% of the times it joined a server... This data is while joining an empty server, but we are hopeful the statistic will also hold up when joining populated servers.
    I understand it's difficult for you.

Update 97 specifically references the data as having come from an empty server, collected on an internal subject. This is markedly different from a live server with many hundreds of connections passing back and forth. It does not guarentee that the changes will positively affect crashing errors, but it does suggest that perhaps there may be a positive difference for many folk. I really think you should evaluate your position here, it is growing tiresome. I would advocate once again, if you are currently disatisfied and have exhausted all other possible technical fixes, that you sojourn elsewhere for a period of time and perhaps return on the next phase.

USA Major

This is an amazing game. There is nothing even close to it out there in this time period and I will gladly deal with some crashes here and there. We're maxing out servers on weekends and having a blast and you can complain all you want, OR you can just enjoy it in its current state and have fun with the rest of us. It's a choice really.

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post
    What is the problem TRaider? Is it that War of Rights refuses to run correctly on a handful of systems, often to the point where it just does not run at all?
    Aside from a minority of reports (that are often fixed), it is fairly unusual now to find instances where the game does not respond at all. This is markedly different from the earlier versions we have all tested; anyone who plays on a regular basis would happily testify to this, occasional crashing notwithstanding, I am sure.

The issue isn't resolved for you or Villarreal, and I think that in itself is the real reason you're so aggrevated about this. Continue to submit bug reports and acknowledge that this is still a Technical Alpha and a proof of concept as a piece of software. Perhaps, with some future update, something will have changed and the software will run correctly.
    Its not just us I see friends in steam repeatably relaunching WoR due to crashes and others in my company experience the same issues. You're either unaware or very dishonest to say that the issue is with a handful of systems but I'll give you the benefit of doubt and say that you must be unaware.

So AP Hill said it was our PCs but both Villarreal and I have PCs that can easily run CRYENGINE games yet you still want to blame the issue on our systems. I get it you're a moderator and you owe it to the Devs to defend their project and I could respect that type of blind loyalty gent.

Both of us know it isn't our systems however I'm willing to keep logs of all of my issues and submit them to the reporting thread in order to help get this game fixed.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by TRaider View Post
    Its not just us I see friends in steam repeatably relaunching WoR due to crashes and others in my company experience the same issues. You're either unaware or very dishonest to say that the issue is with a handful of systems but I'll give you the benefit of doubt and say that you must be unaware.

So AP Hill said it was our PCs but both Villarreal and I have PCs that can easily run CRYENGINE games yet you still want to blame the issue on our systems. I get it you're a moderator and you owe it to the Devs to defend their project and I could respect that type of blind loyalty gent.

Both of us know it isn't our systems however I'm willing to keep logs of all of my issues and submit them to the reporting thread in order to help get this game fixed.
    Right, I am not suggesting that it's literally a handful of systems whom experience only this repeating error. My own client will crash a couple of times when joining an almost full server, and very rarely during quieter periods. It is part and parcel of the testing process and I am happy to go through this period. I accepted this responsibility when I chose to donate to CFG through the initial Kickstarter launch. This is the same, largely, for most other folks that I see and talk to - the forum itself is indicative of this pattern occurring.

I am suggesting that it's literally a handful of systems who experience a complete and total failure of the software, to the point where they cannot access a server. This is what you seem to be insinuating, and it is what I can only infer from your posts. The vast majority of reported cases where players cannot join a server, or experience crashing issues, do seem to be resolved. You both seem to be outliers in this instance, and it is unfortunate that your issues do not seem able to be resolved at this point in time. Please use the correct tool to get your error logs to CFG, I am unsure if the reporting thread sees much activity any more.

Honestly, I am sorry for your troubles but I am unable to help you further.

So you’re comparring the stability of WoR - an indie game in closed alpha to a fully released publisher backed game. Oookay then!

I can only repeat what I’ve already written. Stability issue fixes take time. Just like we didn’t launch the technical alpha with 150 player support (it was at 32).

We’re well aware of the issues and will continue to work on fixing as many as possible throughout the development of the game.

Closing this as it’s going around in circles.

- Trusty