Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ...When you release a patch and the game crashes over and over

Quote Originally Posted by F. L. Villarreal View Post
    Leifr,
    Youre cool peoples. If I must be honest I initially left because it started to feel like a money grab with none of the significant crash bugs being fixed and seeing aesthetic releases. For example...Harper's Ferry....I cant imagine how many man hours that took. You all may disagree and that's ok but I feel how I feel.
    You're confusing my job (or part of anyways) as the sole Level Designer on the team with that of a programmer.

I'm sorry our 99 updates are not sufficient to convince you that work is being done for the money from the crowdfunding campaign.

- Trusty

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    You're confusing my job (or part of anyways) as the sole Level Designer on the team with that of a programmer.

I'm sorry our 99 updates are not sufficient to convince you that work is being done for the money from the crowdfunding campaign.

- Trusty
    Looking at those 99 updates...none of them stop any of the major issues that have been ongoing since the summer. I have not identified you as the one not doing anything. Not sure where you got that from.

Looking at those 99 updates...none of them stop any of the major issues that have been ongoing since the summer. I have not identified you as the one not doing anything. Not sure where you got that from.
    So you are saying that within the 30-35 updates since the start of last summer, crashing has not significantly been reduced, the game has not been stabilized, and there have been no performance improvements? When was the last time you played?
    Last edited by McMuffin; 03-14-2018 at 12:26 AM.

"The game crashing" is not a singular issue. The instability is caused by a huge amount of things. By your standards no game has solved a major issue such as crashing then as it happens in every game. What we have done is reduce the amount of crashing issues and we will continue to do so throughout the development of the game.

In short, there is no miracle update that solves all issues be they performance or stability issues. These things happen gradually over long periods of time.

Well you talked about how big a task Harper's Ferry was and how many hours it has taken to produce while stating that all we do is visual updates.

- Trusty

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Here we go again with people with mediocre machines placing blame on the developers rather than focus on the fact that their computer may not be up to par. Or even if you have a mediocre machine, if you don't keep the O.S. and drivers updated regularly, you're going to have problems. Your failure to do basic upkeep on your system is no reason to blame someone else for your pain.

Understand that Cryengine will tax your machine in ways that other programs will not and if you don't have a robust computer you're going to experience the problems you state. Denial and blame is not a good fix.

There are hundreds of players here, we all at some point experience issues, in fact I personally couldn't play the game after the second engine update because of my dated system. The only real resolution was to spend some money and buy a machine that will last me for at least 3 or more engine updates!!

(Actually I hope it lasts longer than that.)

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    Here we go again with people with mediocre machines placing blame on the developers rather than focus on the fact that their computer may not be up to par. Or even if you have a mediocre machine, if you don't keep the O.S. and drivers updated regularly, you're going to have problems. Your failure to do basic upkeep on your system is no reason to blame someone else for your pain.

Understand that Cryengine will tax your machine in ways that other programs will not and if you don't have a robust computer you're going to experience the problems you state. Denial and blame is not a good fix.

There are hundreds of players here, we all at some point experience issues, in fact I personally couldn't play the game after the second engine update because of my dated system. The only real resolution was to spend some money and buy a machine that will last me for at least 3 or more engine updates!!

So you assume we have mediocre machines and we don't keep our systems up to date typical underling response.

Windows 10 Pro is up to date and drivers are current

Graphics card: EVGA GeForce 1070 8GB
    Memory: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaw X Series DDR3
    CPU: AMD 8350 FX Black Edition 4.0GHz
    Motherboard: MSI 970 Gaming Edition
    HDD: 2x 1TB Firecuda SSHD Drives 7200rpm

My mediocre machine can run Kingdom Come Deliverance which is also built on the CRYENGINE at between 40-50 fps on very high settings without experiencing crashes. Please stop blaming the community and place the blame where it squarely belongs on the developers.

I will be extremely patient if the Devs own up to the problem instead of saying that the problem is 80% resolved when clearly it isn't.

Thank you,
    Captain Raider

P.S. AP Hill you're not talking to some novice I've been a PC gamer since 1997 and work in IT for the last 20 years.
    Last edited by TRaider; 03-14-2018 at 01:29 PM.

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post

Windows 10 Pro is up to date and drivers are current

Graphics card: MSI GeForce 1080ti
    Memory: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4
    CPU: i7 7700k 4.2ghz
    Motherboard: MSI Z370 Carbon
    HDD: 2x Samsung SSD 200 and 1TB

also running Kingdom Come Deliverance but at around 80fps constant...people should not assume they know something when they know nothing.

SIDDOWN GENT!

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by TRaider View Post
    I will be extremely patient if the Devs own up to the problem instead of saying that the problem is 80% resolved when clearly it isn't.
    What is the problem TRaider? Is it that War of Rights refuses to run correctly on a handful of systems, often to the point where it just does not run at all?
    Aside from a minority of reports (that are often fixed), it is fairly unusual now to find instances where the game does not respond at all. This is markedly different from the earlier versions we have all tested; anyone who plays on a regular basis would happily testify to this, occasional crashing notwithstanding, I am sure.

The issue isn't resolved for you or Villarreal, and I think that in itself is the real reason you're so aggrevated about this. Continue to submit bug reports and acknowledge that this is still a Technical Alpha and a proof of concept as a piece of software. Perhaps, with some future update, something will have changed and the software will run correctly.

February 22nd - Update 97 Released!
    - Reduced the amount of crashes when joining a server. With our recent internal testing, joining server roughly 100 times, the previous build would crash roughly 20% of the times it joined a server. With the new build (this update), the amount of crashes have been reduced to around 5% or less. This data is while joining an empty server, but we are hopeful the statistic will also hold up when joining populated servers.

The statistic doesn't hold up when joining a populated server.

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by TRaider View Post
    February 22nd - Update 97 Released!
    - Reduced the amount of crashes when joining a server. With our recent internal testing, joining server roughly 100 times, the previous build would crash roughly 20% of the times it joined a server. With the new build (this update), the amount of crashes have been reduced to around 5% or less. This data is while joining an empty server, but we are hopeful the statistic will also hold up when joining populated servers.

The statistic doesn't hold up when joining a populated server.
    That right there....we clearly support this game and what its supposed to be. But this sort of stubborn response from officials as well as those who want to pander to the developers and moderators is what is making it a bitter experience. Like Raider said...owning up to it would be a lot easier and acceptable.