Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nice to see this.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.

Nice to see this.

Looking forward to many interesting conversations.

clap.gif

bananadance.jpg

smiley_salute.gif

I'm looking forward to plenty of intellectual conversations and flame wars.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Drat, my banana isn't dancing!

USA 1st Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    Drat, my banana isn't dancing!
    The pains of old age.

Best,
    Dman979

USA Lieutenant General

I will allow this considering we are still coming up with rules that go with this section of the forums, But I would like to keep everything on topic.

- Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle422 View Post
    I will allow this considering we are still coming up with rules that go with this section of the forums, But I would like to keep everything on topic.

- Kyle
    Also, I think one way to conduct this section is either in a debate where you pose a question and let people debate and people have to use sources, or, just like the rest of these forums and just let people talk. I hope the discussion will spark appropriate and not pure flame war debate.

USA 1st Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
    I hope the discussion will spark appropriate and not pure flame war debate.
    As a moderator for another game's forums: that will depend on the culture we establish for ourselves on these forums, the response time of the moderators, and the willingness of users to step back if an argument is getting too heated.

Best,
    Dman979

Quote Originally Posted by rbsmith7 View Post
    Well said, Dman. I am committed to contribute to this culture in a positive way, I know others will be, as well.
    Not everyone is committed to keeping things clean and positive.

It doesn't always need to be clean and positive particularly in the midst of tomfoolery. People will get bored of going apecrap every time someone insults them and enter into a healthy relationship of ignoring each other with occasional passive-aggressive insults if threads weren't just locked every time people start standing up out of their postin' chairs.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    It doesn't always need to be clean and positive particularly in the midst of tomfoolery. People will get bored of going apecrap every time someone insults them and enter into a healthy relationship of ignoring each other with occasional passive-aggressive insults if threads weren't just locked every time people start standing up out of their postin' chairs.
    True, but, forums to aid in the development of the game or historical sections are not a place for people to purely bicker. The debates that have been shut down are just pure bickering, and nothing is going anywhere or becomes a mudslinging competition, those threads should rightfully be locked off.