Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Civil War : Show your Impressions

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    I have some old Kodak Instamatic photos of my reenacting days. Sadly they're hardcopies as electronic format was unknown or not so readily available at the time. (late 70s early 80s).

I'll have to have a dig around to see if I can locate the actual negatives, maybe I can take them to a photo center and have them converted to electronic format.

USA Captain

Few pictures of myself from On to Richmond, tin types of myself from Gettysburg, and pictures of my unit from On to Richmond. We portray the 95th NY and 5th NY Zouaves

RhettVito

Last edited by RhettVito; 05-27-2018 at 05:55 AM.

USA Colonel

Nice uniforms, the rustic look is one of my favorite things about the Confederate Army. The underdogs, ill equipped, they fight on.

USA Captain

Both taken at the 155th Gettysburg Anniversary at Lee's HQ (Same spot and cannon but different angles and uniforms)

Last edited by Tyler28256; 08-20-2018 at 03:24 AM.

USA Private

Great thread, I know its a while away but I'll be at Gettysburg next year for their reenactment. I'm slowly acquiring the gear. I plan on going to numerous reenactments over the next couple years. (Revolutionary War included).

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler28256 View Post
    Both taken at the 155th Gettysburg Anniversary at Lee's HQ (Same spot and cannon but different angles and uniforms)

What Instagram filter is that?

Seriously though I didn't realize people went that far for authenticity. Surprised there aren't more tintypes of the battle reenactments themselves. Another thing for my bucket list!
    Last edited by Abraham; 08-24-2018 at 06:08 PM.
    Sergeant in the 1st Cav.

aka HARRY GODWIN

CSA Captain

This is me as a Corporal with the 32 Virginia Inafantry, this was taken as another regiment was retreating through our line.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sox; 08-24-2018 at 07:17 PM.
    ''I'm here to play an American Civil War era combat game, not Call of Duty with muskets.''.