Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Regiment Suggestions and Bugs

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    What are the dates of those pictures?
    I believe they date from 1864 or 65 though it is a late date for the most part the 114th PA uniforms remained the same through the whole war. Even looking at various paintings that people like Don Troiani you can see they Differ from whats in game. More examples below this.

Don Troiani's 114th PA painting I am lucky enough to own the reproduction of the 114th PA jacket Don had made based off his original for the model to wear for this painting

Last but not least an original uniform with pants and fez can clearly see all the pictures and even original uniforms they were not wearing pataloons

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by rbsmith7 View Post
    Would be interesting to know how many of Coppen's (red pantaloon) and Wheat's (blue tick pantaloon) were still wearing a Zouave uniform at Sharpsburg. I have seen zero Zouaves in the Brady photographs of the line occupied and given up by Starke.
    I understand what your saying but wheats Zouaves were disbanded before the battle and absorbed into a different company. Also as far as Wheats Zouaves it was to my understanding that only 1 company wore them so roughly around 100 guys.

USA Lieutenant General

Chasseur pants references. These are a pair of 146th NY chasseur pants so they are the correct style only thing they are missing for most zouaves is a thin line of piping that goes down the seam of the pants. This for the devs so they can see the construction should they choose to reproduce them for in game use. NOTE these are not the 114th PA style chasseur style trousers. The 114th PA is more narrow and closer to the standard federal trousers just slightly more baggier

front

USA Lieutenant General

Another unit specific thing for the 114th PA that they would have been wearing at Antietam is this box plate Z D A on the box plate stands for Zouave d'Afrique

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by 126th NY View Post
    The 1st Michigan Volunteer Cavalry Regiment "The Wolverines" should be in the Company Tools as a Cavalry Regiment that you can create to use in War of Rights. The U.S. Cavalry Heavy SaberAttachment 9623 should be in the game as a weapon to use
    The 1st Michigan Volunteer Cavalry Regiment did not serve in the Maryland Campaign, so it wont be added.

CSA Sergeant

Another bit of bias here- but I think the 24th North Carolina would be good. Just look at these gorgeous white facings! (Middle man)
    Attachment 9621
    And here's a real-life photo, company K to be specific.
    d7bae8124580c2c81a9b3526e5c94a04.jpg
    If we were to attach them to a few maps, I'd say attach them to West Woods, Dunker Church, Poffenberger Farm and Nicodemus Hill- they fought in that whole western swathe of the field. A nice looking variation on the vanilla, and if more than 2 regiments per map are necessary for the future, they'd make an excellent addition to add another vanilla infantry regiment with some uniform variety.
    Last edited by Pootis; 10-23-2018 at 03:29 AM.

Banned
    Horses would be a great addition to the game as well as more skirmish maps, weapons and more infantry regiments from both the Union and Confeceracy

Quote Originally Posted by 126th NY View Post
    Horses would be a great addition to the game as well as more skirmish maps, weapons and more infantry regiments from both the Union and Confeceracy
    That's the general plan.
    Yours Truly,
    - Korvyr Vorthrel, Captain, CSA
    - Commander, Co. A, 14th Virginia

Banned
    Yes it would then my commander could finally create our Cavalry Regiment from Wisconsin for the Iron Brigade

CSA Major

Hey this might be interesting, its called SpatialOS