Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Regiment Suggestions and Bugs

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeto View Post
    Hey this might be interesting, its called SpatialOS

As far as I know the system is still a cluster system at its core (but an, essentially, unlimited one due to the cloud aspect of it). They do not do a good enough job at describing its limits on their website I think (no surprise there, they are about selling their idea after all) but I'm fairly certain each server in the cluster handles a specific area of the gameworld and you then have special edge case server to server information set up when players are changing area (and thus server).

The above works fine for most multiplayer games where the population of players will be spread out across the entire game world. If you run into issues with a server/game area being full you can then assign another server to the area and create an instance of it, etc. etc.

In a game such as WoR that will not work as our game is centered on large populations of players in tight groups/formations - I'd love to be proven wrong though.

One thing is the server side performance - we could probably bump our servers up a bit in cap - another is the client side performance however (this is our bottleneck currently): the more players the more playerlogic code your client has to run the bigger a CPU hit you will take.

EDIT: I just noticed this is posted in the regiment suggestions - hardly the right place.

- Trusty

Hello the 65th Illinois regimental flag is currently the flag for the 2nd US infantry. Will this be addressed soon or did you know about.

Indian Territory

I understand that developing the mechanics and the physics of the game itself take up most of your time, but do you think you will ever get around to adding other states as possible companies to enlist with, specifically more western front companies and regiments? I'd like to sign up as part of the Army Of The Frontier ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_of_the_Frontier ) or maybe even as part of the Army Of Kansas ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Department_of_Kansas ) under James Blunt ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_G._Blunt ). Just wondering if it was even a possibility in the future.

Edit: Being from Oklahoma I have limited options as to historically who I would have fought for and where, considering Oklahoma was Indian Territory during the war. Though there was combat in the Territory!
    Last edited by funkrockjock; 02-16-2019 at 04:52 AM.

Regiment - 350 to 400
    Company – 35 to 40
    Regiments, which were the basic units of army organization through which soldiers were supplied and deployed, were raised by individual states. They were generally referred by number and state, for example 1st Texas, 12th Virginia. To the extent the word "battalion" was used to describe a military unit, it referred to a multi-company task force of a regiment or a near-regimental size unit. Throughout the war, the Confederacy raised the equivalent of 1,010 regiments in all branches, including militias, versus 2,050 regiments for the U.S. Army.

Four regiments usually formed a brigade, although as the number of men in many regiments became greatly reduced, especially later in the war, more than four were often assigned to a brigade. Occasionally, regiments would be transferred between brigades. Two to four brigades usually formed a division. Two to four divisions usually formed a corps. Two to four corps usually formed an army. Occasionally, a single corps might operate independently as if it were a small army. The Confederate States Army consisted of several field armies, named after their primary area of operation.

This isn't a strictly regimental suggestion, but it affects a lot of players that put tags in their name.

There should be more characters capable of being displayed in game for player names in the tab menu, chat menu and when pressing T. With regiment and company tags it often cuts off the end of many player names. It's purely aesthetic, but it's just one thing that has been bugging me and I thought I'd mention it. Not sure how hard it would be to expand the tab and chat displays to accommodate the extra characters.

Edit: I couldn't find a truly relevant place to post this. If there is a better spot for it don't hesitate to move it.
    Last edited by Eugene Sledge; 04-15-2019 at 10:07 PM.

UP!

I wanna ask about adding new regiment. This is it possible to offer this in the future? I know it's selfish, but I'd like to see 7th West Virginia Infantry Regiment. I think we can expect the same from other users. As far as now the developers are ready to hear it? Maybe the most active guys will make a list that will show preferences. Either way, I'll be happy with any answer.

Quote Originally Posted by SUWAROW View Post
    UP!

I wanna ask about adding new regiment. This is it possible to offer this in the future? I know it's selfish, but I'd like to see 7th West Virginia Infantry Regiment. I think we can expect the same from other users. As far as now the developers are ready to hear it? Maybe the most active guys will make a list that will show preferences. Either way, I'll be happy with any answer.
    They will be added eventually. Since they were a unit in the Maryland Campaign. We can't be sure exactly when but it'll happen eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by SUWAROW View Post
    UP!

The 7th West Virginia Infantry took part in the attack on the Sunken Road. Since we already feature the 8th Ohio and 69th New York Infantry in the Sunken Road Skirmish Map, there is no room for the 7th WV ingame at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt(Fridge) View Post
    They will be added eventually. Since they were a unit in the Maryland Campaign. We can't be sure exactly when but it'll happen eventually.
    Yes, I just wanted to know about the developers ' plans. I'm just an interested person and of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    The 7th West Virginia Infantry took part in the attack on the Sunken Road. Since we already feature the 8th Ohio and 69th New York Infantry in the Sunken Road Skirmish Map, there is no room for the 7th WV ingame at the moment.
    Oh, I didn't think it would be a problem. Is it a gameplay concept?