Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Regiment Suggestions and Bugs

Quote Originally Posted by SUWAROW View Post
    Just brought it out for myself. My mistake, sorry.
    No need to excuse my friend.
    Thats why I am here to help

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    Yes, its possible to add regiments to the drill camp. But I don't see any advantage of adding another union infantry unit, which looks pretty identical to other federal units
    If they would have a unique uniform, which would make them different, it could be an option.
    So at what point will folk be able to select their regiment in-game if they all look the same?

This is all good and everything but with 200 man servers hopefully coming is there any word on officially having 3 selectable units in skirmish?

CSA Captain

I think there should be as many units coming to the game as possible. CG should know that there are a lot of folks who really like the reenacting ability this game has to offer. So I would strongly recommend and would be full of joy if more units would come to the game. I guess there are still some very interesting units, which up to now didn`t make it into the game. I.e. I would really like to see the 7th NY coming to the game.
    At least I guess the community would like to hear that at some point in the future there might be some more units coming to the game. ...and if they would just be playable on the drill camp!

CSA Captain

I think if they added a 3rd choice in regiment it will be from the Artillery Branch.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchconfederate View Post
    I think if they added a 3rd choice in regiment it will be from the Artillery Branch.
    Yes, but only those with fancy uniforms it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post
    Yes, but only those with fancy uniforms it seems.
    It's about being as efficient as possible.

Yes, we could add in a ton of practical clone regiments with little to no particular differences other than their nametag.

While that possibly would be appreciated by some it would also be recieved negatively by a large amount of people as it would increase the load times drastically (the thousands of different character models we already have is by far the biggest factor in regards to load times).

- Trusty

CSA Major

That seems problematic if the vast majority of regiments won't have any visual representation in this game. If there is concern about unnecessary loading times and duplicated aesthetics (which I understand and appreciate), perhaps some solution could be made regarding the selection of regimental flags? I imagine for most Union and Confederate units, the flag would be the only visually distinct element that sets it apart from others.

CSA Captain

Well eventually you would want to load in your personal character from your game menu or Company Tool connection. That would seem more logical then loading in all the possible characters on both sides would it not? Especially for the Antietam battle mode or whatever it will be called.

Maybe load in options can be edited on private servers? So people could spawn in as the unity they represent in the game? The thing I am waiting for the most is the option to load in as a regiment together and not having to worry about people being stuck on the other side. But again that is something for a different game mode which has zero priority at the moment.

- Artillery
    - South Mountain maps
    - Musicians
    - Horses

- New battle mode

is that the order that is being followed at the moment?

CSA Captain

@Hinkel since you said you're working on the units for South Mountain

One unit I would like to see when South Mountain is released, especially crampon's gap is the 16th New York Infantry. The 16th was placed in the vanguard of the attack for the gap and lost a lot of its men and was held in reserve for the Battle of Antietam. The 16th was uniformed with straw hats with black ribbons, dark blue jacket, sky blue leggings, and brown gaiters.

16th New York by Don Troiani

Casualties of the 16th left behind by the Army of the Potomac after the Battle of Gaines Mill

what's left of their regimental flag

picture of the 16th during the peninsula campaign

Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX