Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Regiment Suggestions and Bugs

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by HolyRomanSloth View Post
    Where did they say this?
    It was said earlier this year in the steam chat when artillery was being brought up. Once they said whatever battery was in-game now would be it, we changed from Whiting's to Clark's battery to keep with our in-game unit desires.

To whom it may concern,
    I bring forth a few small nitpicks I have with some player models from both of the cavalry regiments (4thPA & 6thPA) those being the positioning of the saber, lack of spurs on brogans, and blankets being carried by troopers in 6thPA.

The lack of spurs is something that caught my attention almost immediately when I first decided to start a Cavalry regiment. Upon inspecting each and every model of both units I noticed that models that wear brogans instead of the issued 12inch boots lack the regulation M1859 spurs which were issued to all cavalry troopers and horse artillery troops. From most photos, I have seen cavalry troopers wearing what appear to be brogans all of them (or at least the majority) seem to have their spurs on as well.

spurs 1.jpg
    spurs 2.jpg
    spurs 3.jpg

The next item being the position of the saber when dismounted, currently, the saber is positioned incorrectly as to how it would have been when dismounted for both officers and troopers alike. Within every manual, they all say the exact same thing.

Manual of arms, the saber being worn.

"The troopers, having the saber hooked up with the hilt to the rear, are exercised at the manual of arms after the principles laid down in the second part of the lesson; they are then taught to draw the saber, to present it, and to return it."

There is an illustration to showcase what it should look like however, I cannot download it for some reason. Basically, it is exactly facing the opposite way of how it currently is in-game.

Lastly, the blankets on two private models of the 6th PA, I have yet to see a photo that shows dismounted cavalry troopers (or mounted) wearing their wool blankets across their chest like how the infantry would. Most of the troopers carried them on their horse attached to the rear of their saddle and even some of them used it as the saddle blanket itself getting rid of the issued blue and red patterned one. To me, it seems kinda silly that you would carry a blanket on your person when you wouldn't have to especially being a mounted soldier.

20201128110559_1.jpg
    20201128112725_1.jpg

Also, a small request could you give all the troopers holsters however, keep the same limit to revolvers?
    Last edited by Bl1zzt3r; 01-29-2021 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    Every battery that was with both armies is listed in the Company Tool. While some may disagree on naming convention, they are there.

(If they were actually there, some batteries, on both sides, we're ordered to not participate, based on their current working capacity. Shortages of men, horses, even guns were causes of being ordered to stand down. Several Confederate batteries, were ordered to stay at Leesburg due to depleted conditions, where they were then ordered to Winchester to be recruited and refit. Other batteries were ordered to remain at Harpers Ferry, for the same reasons.
    Several Federal batteries were ordered to D.C., after Second Manassas for the same reasons, including, loss of guns in that battle.)

As for which battery that gets used in the current skirmish areas most are local to the area they're on, per the Battlefield Preservation Maps, others not currently showing in game will, or would require new skirmish maps.
    Of course, I just wanted to know if "Bruen's Battery" (officially 10th New York Independent Battery or also called "2nd Excelsior Battery") will be added in the future with an East Woods map update as well. I leave the link of the fights I am talking about, which took place in that area around 10:30 AM on 17 September.

Captain Davide Campi, 39th NY "Garibaldi Guard" Co. A

I find out an interesting sketch made by a soldier of the 1st Rhode Island about a soldier of the 39th NY.
    What rifle he could have?
    WhatsApp Image 2020-12-09 at 13.33.50.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DavidFields View Post
    I find out an interesting sketch made by a soldier of the 1st Rhode Island about a soldier of the 39th NY.
    What rifle he could have?
    WhatsApp Image 2020-12-09 at 13.33.50.jpg
    M1841 Mississippi with a saber bayonet - as the unit is also using in the game.

- Trusty

yeah, it is my first thought, especially for the lenght of the barrel and for the sight. But there is someone on the Facebook group where I find out the picture that think that is the Springfield m1855 with sword bayonet.
    Anyway, I think it's an incredible and unique source

Tonight during the weekly training we find out this nice bug
    20201210214208_1.jpg
    20201210214201_1.jpg

Woops! Very nice catch.

Dears devs', could you create Cobb's Legion in ingame?

Quote Originally Posted by Bl1zzt3r View Post
    To whom it may concern,
    I bring forth a few small nitpicks I have with some player models from both of the cavalry regiments (4thPA & 6thPA) those being the positioning of the saber, lack of spurs on brogans, and blankets being carried by troopers in 6thPA.

The lack of spurs is something that caught my attention almost immediately when I first decided to start a Cavalry regiment. Upon inspecting each and every model of both units I noticed that models which wear brogans instead of the issued 12inch boots lack the regulation M1859 spurs which were issued to all cavalry troopers and horse artillery troops. From most photos, I have seen of cavalry troopers wearing what appear to be brogans all of them (or at least the majority) seem to have their spurs on as well.

spurs 1.jpg
    spurs 2.jpg
    spurs 3.jpg

The next item being the position of the saber when dismounted, currently, the saber is positioned incorrectly as to how it would have been when dismounted for both officers and troopers alike. Within every manual, they all say the exact same thing..

Manual of arms, the saber being worn.

"The troopers, having the saber hooked up with the hilt to the rear, are exercised at the manual of arms after the principles laid down in the second part of the lesson; they are then taught to draw the saber, to present it, and to return it."

There is an illustration to showcase what it should look like however, I cannot download it for some reason. Basically, it is exactly facing the opposite way of how it currently is in-game.

Lastly, the blankets on two private models of the 6th PA, I have yet to see a photo which shows dismounted cavalry troopers (or mounted) wearing their wool blankets across their chest like how the infantry would. Most of the troopers carried them on their horse attached to the rear of their saddle and even some of them used it as the saddle blanket itself getting rid of the issued blue and red patterned one. To me, it seems kinda silly that you would carry a blanket on your person when you wouldn't have to especially being a mounted soldier.

20201128110559_1.jpg
    20201128112725_1.jpg

Also, a small request could you give all the troopers holsters however, keep the same limit to revolvers?
    Of course, I'm no historian merely a humble nerd with a passion for research, so if I'm mistaken I do apologize