Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Regiment Suggestions and Bugs

USA Captain

If possible, I would love to see more uniform variation for the 1st Delaware. Unlike most other Union states, Delaware did not supply uniforms, they were private purchase or homemade, much like the southern "Commutation system". You can see a wide variety of clothing on the famous picture of the 1st DE Color guard after Antietam.

portrait_02.jpg
    flag2.jpg
    flag1.jpg

You can see in the picture that the from left to right they wear a 1) Private purchase sack coat, 2) Civilian coat 3) civilian sack coat 4) issue or private purchase frock 5) private purchase sack coat and 6) the trimmed collar frock coat seen below. They also wear a mixture of forage caps and kepis.

frock.jpg
    frock2.jpg
    Echoes of Glory

Interestingly, the first Delaware had 2 zouave companies who fought at Antietam. You’ll see it even mentioned in the regimental history below. The zouaves came under particularly heavy fire when hitting the sunken road, the same action which earned Lt. Charles R. Tanner his Medal of Honor. They could be sprinkled in like some of the other mixed Zouaves/line regiments already in game. It would add even more variety to the union side.

delawarezouave1.jpg
    delawarezouave2.jpg

Four years in the war. The history of the First Regiment of Delaware Veteran Volunteers
    Lt. Charles R. Tanner of the 1st Delaware Infantry Saves the Flag at Antietam
    Last edited by Axon; 06-18-2020 at 02:45 AM.
    Company B, 9th New York Volunteer Infantry

Suggestion to update the 23rd NY flag to better represent the historically accurate one. (Can't find a picture anywhere we found this description)

Link: https://i.imgur.com/fYfIxg5.png

CSA Major

I believe there is a large update arriving at some point pertaining to the historical accuracy of the flags.

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post
    I believe there is a large update arriving at some point pertaining to the historical accuracy of the flags.
    Thanks for the intel!

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post
    Where'd you here that?
    The rightful ruler of the HRE, Holy Sloth.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by HolyRomanSloth View Post
    Where'd you here that?
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/42403...3423658300856/

While I can't speak for the 51st PA flag in particular I can say that we're currently working towards a massive flag-oriented update in the not too distant future.

- Trusty

why cant i create a new post anywhere on the forums? i created a company and would like to have a page for it.

Quote Originally Posted by wayne184 View Post
    why cant i create a new post anywhere on the forums? i created a company and would like to have a page for it.
    There is a minimum number of posts required before users can create a thread.

Regards,

Bradley

MFW my flag update request dosen't get added in the flag update