Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Regiment Suggestions and Bugs

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckhart View Post
    MFW my flag update request dosen't get added in the flag update
    Maybe next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckhart View Post
    Suggestion to update the 23rd NY flag to better represent the historically accurate one. (Can't find a picture anywhere we found this description)

Link: https://i.imgur.com/fYfIxg5.png
    Do you have a citation for this excerpt?

USA Brigadier General

can we please finally rename "Weavers Battery" to the correct name "Wevers Battery" ?

http://antietam.aotw.org/officers.php?officer_id=460
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

Just a small request. The 12th Ohio's description is incorrect. Cincinnati was never the capital of Ohio. Columbus was the capital through the entire war and even continuing today. However Cincinnati was extremely important during the war. Being right across the Ohio River from Covington and New Port Kentucky.
    Captain Aaron Shinks

51st Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry Regiment

Company A "Montgomery Marauders"

Dear developers,
    I propose some historical changes to be made to the 39th New York flag.
    The first major change concerns the size of the flag, as you can see in this recolored image, the 39th New York flag with the words "Dio e Popolo" was much larger than the normal flags adopted by the US army. This is because this flag was an original flag of the "Roman Republic" established by Mazzini in 1849 and donated in May 1861 by General Avezzana to 39th New York.

The second change would concern the introduction of a second flag, less known but actually existed and documented in the books of Michael Bacarella and Catherine Catalfamo. It is reported, on the source of the newspaper "New York Times" that another flag similar to the Hungarian one was carried, with three bars (red, white and green), with the words "Vincere vel Mori" embroidered in gold in the center.

Let me know if you can make those changes.
    Thank you very much for your availability

(In this last picture you can see the Officers Staff with in the background the three flags of the regiment, the "Hungarian" one, the National Colours, and the "Italian" one; the little flag in right front I suggest is the sergeant marker of the line (maybe?), anyway you can see this little flag in my signature)
    Last edited by DavidFields; 10-11-2020 at 09:34 AM.
    Captain Davide Campi, 39th NY "Garibaldi Guard" Co. A

- An update to the Italian colors is coming soon and will be larger in scale.
    - I'm not yet decided on the US colors or doing the Hungarian colors, but here's a great photo of the latter

gg2.jpg

Thanks! I forget this picture, if you look closely there are also embroidered ribbons (sincerly I don't know how you say in english ) that come down from the tip, those were sewn and embroidered by the godmothers of the regiment, as a tradition in the European regiments.
    Many thanks !
    Captain Davide Campi, 39th NY "Garibaldi Guard" Co. A

Suggestion add Petit's Battery to WoR. IDK if you are still taking suggestions but we'd love to have them.
    The rightful ruler of the HRE, Holy Sloth.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyRomanSloth View Post
    Suggestion add Petit's Battery to WoR. IDK if you are still taking suggestions but we'd love to have them.
    We are!

Was the battery in question in action in any of the skirmish areas featured in WoR?

- Trusty

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    We are!

Was the battery in question in action in any of the skirmish areas featured in WoR?

- Trusty
    Yeah, they were at Antietam. https://web.cortland.edu/woosterk/genweb/pettit.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batter...ight_Artillery
    Last edited by HolyRomanSloth; 10-22-2020 at 02:08 AM.
    The rightful ruler of the HRE, Holy Sloth.