Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Regiment Suggestions and Bugs

USA Captain

65th New york.JPG
    65th New york jacket.JPG

The 65th NY was also a Chasseur regiment at Antietam, and they dont appear to have used the french jackets, but a custom design. These guys wouldn't have had the sizing problem the PA regiments did.

12th New York Infantry at Camp Anderson, May 1861.jpg
    12 NY.jpg

12th NY also used non-french pattern jackets and pants.
    Last edited by Axon; 07-31-2019 at 09:09 PM. Reason: more chasseur images

USA Captain

Then of course, for peak trolling, the 79th NY. It seems they ditched the tartan and wore dark blue pants, the jackets were a mix of original highlander jackets, NY State Jackets, and either SA or private purchase shell jackets, with hats a mix of glengarry, Tam o'shanters, and normal NY state kepis.

Capture1.JPG
    download.jpg
    Shell Jacket, glengarry, and trews
    79th.JPG
    State Jacket, Glengarry, dark blue trousers
    Capture.JPG
    Mostly Kepis, with 1 badged glengarry center, 4 in prewar jackets, and most of the rest in dark blue trousers and state or shell jackets.
    79 ind.JPG
    prewar private purchase shell jacket, with what's probably red knotwork on the cuffs, glengarry, and dark blue trousers
    79th (1).jpg
    79th officer with a diced tam o shanter

79 jacket.JPG
    Credit to the 79th NY (reenacted) for the coat.

79th glengarry.JPG
    OG glengarry in red white and blue dicing as worn by Medal of Honor winner Francis Judge

1934_145b_front.jpg
    1934_145b_back.jpg

http://emuseum.nyhistory.org/view/ob...0-59fd26dde0f9

I'm starting to get why all the weird regiments were held in little mac's massive reserve. He just had a boner for all the european style regiments, so they ended up doing nothing at antietam.
    Last edited by Axon; 07-31-2019 at 10:33 PM. Reason: links

USA 1st Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Axon View Post
    Then of course, for peak trolling, the 79th NY

Attachment 11236
    Attachment 11237
    79th officer with a diced tam o shanter
    Attachment 11238
    Attachment 11239

The links don't work.

Best,
    Dman979

USA Captain

they're fixed now.

The 79th New York uniform is a backer exclusive reward: https://warofrights.com/Crowdfunding

- Trusty

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    The 79th New York uniform is a backer exclusive reward: https://warofrights.com/Crowdfunding

- Trusty
    appreciated, I guess the next question would be how to access said reward?

also thoughts on the other chasseurs i posted?

USA Captain

Need to wait for the game release

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    As far as I know, we talked about skirmish scenarios and the regiments on these skirmish maps.
    For the full battlefield and associated game modes, we still want to include as many regiments as possible.
    This would include regiments like the suggested 16th New York etc. of course.

For example, I could add the 16th New York earlier and make it available in the Picket Patrol game mode, same for other regiments.
    Please do!
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by BenjaGuy View Post
    Hi everyone,

I made a post in another thread the other day while South Mountain was being discussed, but I would like to bring the 17th Michigan up again and in more detail because this thread is more appropriate. The 17th Michigan community is a bit bummed out that the morning fight at Wise's Farm in Fox's Gap (Garland's Stand) seems like it will be added instead of the afternoon fight, when the 17th was involved. We've been doing a lot of research ourselves, so I'd like to present that here in the hopes that it will help the developers if they decide to add an "Afternoon Wise Farm" scenario.

The 17th Michigan Volunteer Infantry

The 17th Michigan Infantry was organized in August, 1862 in Detroit. One of its most distinguishing features was its E company, or "Normal Company," which was composed largely of young student-teachers from the Michigan State Normal School (now Eastern Michigan University) In Ypsilanti. Equipped with their Lorenz rifles, they left Michigan before the end of the month, and saw their first action at South Mountain only a couple weeks later. Marching into battle with their pristine dress uniforms, the 17th Michigan earned the nickname "Stonewall Regiment" for their routing of the 50/51st Georgia from their position behind a stone wall after a flanking maneuver.

The Uniform of the 17th at Wise's Farm

The Afternoon Fight at Wise's Farm

Based on several articles from "Bloody Prelude: the Battle of South Mountain" Does not show the position of every union regiment, especially Cox's division and some of Welch's and Christ's brigades that were not at the front.

The afternoon fight for Wise's Farm began around 4:00 in the afternoon. The Confederates had retaken Fox's Gap during the lull following the morning's battle. Drayton's brigade, on the Confederate left, was made aware of the Ohioans of Cox's division still beyond the South field. Drayton ordered the 15th SC, 3rd SC battalion, and Phillip's Legion to advance into the field, with the 50th and 51st Georgia replacing them in the Sharpsburg road, ready to support the initial attack. As they advanced into the field, Welsh's brigade of Wilcox's division emerged from the forest on the East side of the field, drawing the attention of Phillip's Legion. The 17th Michigan, having just silenced a Confederate battery, divides itself. The right, including the Normal Company, is sent across the Sharpsburg road and behind the Georgians. It is here that Drayton's attack falls apart, as the Confederate units in the South field struggle to cover each others retreat back towards the Wise cabin as the 17th forces the rout of the Georgians who are supposed to be supporting them. The South Carolinians are soon all that remains, with the 15th in Wise's rose garden, and the 3rd Battalion between 2 stone walls in front of the house. Lt. Col. George James of the 3rd Battalion refuses to retreat, and the fighting finally ceases after two and a half more hours.

A photograph of the Wise Cabin showing the South field, and the final position of the 3rd South Carolina Battalion

A panoramic drawing of the Wise fields, showing the Sharpsburg road running left to right, and the direction towards which the 17th attacked.
    Hopefully you'll be added to the game. At-least in picket patrol, historical mode, and the drill camp.

USA Lieutenant General

You dont unless you pledge for said uniforms you would have needed to pledge Lieutenant Colonel to get the 79th NY uniform
    Then wait till full release.

Kyle
    Last edited by Kyle422; 08-02-2019 at 12:20 AM.