Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Regiment Suggestions and Bugs

I have noticed that there are no Missouri regiments on either side and Think it would be a good idea to add because Missouri fought on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by M.Mann View Post
    I have noticed that there are no Missouri regiments on either side and Think it would be a good idea to add because Missouri fought on both sides.
    This game is only covering the 1862 Maryland Campaign so no Missouri regiments...

Great we can make wish lists for santa hinkel

Dear Hinkel,

I wrote this letter because i don't understand your words about " But I don't see any advantage of adding another union infantry unit, which looks pretty identical to other federal units". Sir, you added 9 Ohio regiments, but none from West Virginia. I ask you to change your policy in this regard. We would be very grateful if our regiment were in the game. I hope that you will understand my request and will not appeal to the previous argument because it has lost its force.

Please note that there are many communities that are left without their uniforms. Just like us. Of course, I understand that the developers have their own vision of what they consider necessary, but I hope very much to change this vision at least in this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by SUWAROW View Post
    Dear Hinkel,

I wrote this letter because i don't understand your words about " But I don't see any advantage of adding another union infantry unit, which looks pretty identical to other federal units". Sir, you added 9 Ohio regiments, but none from West Virginia. I ask you to change your policy in this regard. We would be very grateful if our regiment were in the game. I hope that you will understand my request and will not appeal to the previous argument because it has lost its force.

Please note that there are many communities that are left without their uniforms. Just like us. Of course, I understand that the developers have their own vision of what they consider necessary, but I hope very much to change this vision at least in this matter.
    ^Agree and I don't even think there is but one semi-active Ohio unit in the community. Maybe just give us our colours to fight under since many units wore similar uniforms. Thank you!

Dear Hinkel,

Thank you for your reply.

Since we added South Mountain to the game and featuring the following skirmish maps:
    Garland's Stand at Fox’s Gap, Hatch's Attack at Turner’s Gap and Colquitt's Defence at Turner’s Gap, with 2 other skirmish scenarios coming up, we had to add a bunch of new Ohio regiments to the game, since these Ohio regiments took part in the historic attacks we added. While it would have been nice to have some more unique regiments, its not possible to add a West Virginia unit to these skirmish maps, when there was no active regiments engaged there.

Sir, you added 9 Ohio regiments, but none from West Virginia.
    By the way, an interesting fact:

If we would add the 7th West Virginia to the game, it would just been called 7th Virginia.
    West Virginia was not formed until 1863 and the 7th enlisted official as the 7th Virginia and fought with that name at the Maryland Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    By the way, an interesting fact:

If we would add the 7th West Virginia to the game, it would just been called 7th Virginia.
    West Virginia was not formed until 1863 and the 7th enlisted official as the 7th Virginia and fought with that name at the Maryland Campaign
    As true reenactors, we will demonstrate the desire for recognition us as West Virginia State. How it possible for people from Russia, who know history of Civil War from available resources.
    Last edited by SUWAROW; 06-12-2019 at 06:21 PM.

Yes, and change please in Company Tools name - 7th WVA.

USA Lieutenant General

I want it to be known that the current 23rd NY uniforms in game are wrong. This is how companies I & K would have looked during 1861 the whole regiment didn't get Zouave uniforms. There would be a mixture between normal federal uniforms and then the zouave uniforms the video and pictures below show this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHJDrw1e9Bw

Watch video for named pictures and such of the 23rd NY