Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Regiment Suggestions and Bugs

cool
    Last edited by Ghost30; 12-16-2019 at 05:12 AM.

This idea was a combination between the minds of myself and Vito, We were thinking possibly giving officers(Or Admins) The ability to place small human silhouettes in the drill camp(and possibly the upcoming Artillery Range), Player sized targets made of straw or whatever would fit the time period, We believe this would be a nice addition to the game. With the current firing range on the Drill Camps both CSA and Union, you are limited to fixed targets that would only work in the so called "Perfect world" and serve little to no help in assisting players in actual line battles. Pro's of this would give players more "Realistic" targets to fire at while also leaning away from the firing range, Again this would take advantage of the large Drill Camp map and bring life to the entire camps for both sides. However if there are already plans in the work to fix or improve this aspect of the game I apologize in advanced. Again the worst type of question in life is the one not asked! Thanks ~1stLt.HazedVision~ 4th NJ, Company A

RhettVito
    Quote Originally Posted by HazedVision View Post
    This idea was a combination between the minds of myself and Vito, We were thinking possibly giving officers(Or Admins) The ability to place small human silhouettes in the drill camp(and possibly the upcoming Artillery Range), Player sized targets made of straw or whatever would fit the time period, We believe this would be a nice addition to the game. With the current firing range on the Drill Camps both CSA and Union, you are limited to fixed targets that would only work in the so called "Perfect world" and serve little to no help in assisting players in actual line battles. Pro's of this would give players more "Realistic" targets to fire at while also leaning away from the firing range, Again this would take advantage of the large Drill Camp map and bring life to the entire camps for both sides. However if there are already plans in the work to fix or improve this aspect of the game I apologize in advanced. Again the worst type of question in life is the one not asked! Thanks ~1stLt.HazedVision~ 4th NJ, Company A
    Would be nice to have that.

Quote Originally Posted by RhettVito View Post
    Would be nice to have that.
    That Would be very nice to have.

USA 1st Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by HazedVision View Post
    I second this. The USA fires at the target at the oblique. It works but not so well. Human sized targets would be fantastic.

Hey I have looked in the fourms and was wondering will there be a Chaplains character at any point? even if just to use in the drill fields?

USA General of the Army

Union: "On August 3 1861, the United States Congress set the guidelines for Union chaplains. They were to be elected by the ranks and commissioned as officers by the regimental colonel commanding, after which the chaplain's name was to be forwarded to the War Department for commissioning." -https://www.essentialcivilwarcurriculum.com/chaplains-in-the-civil-war.html

Hello I have a suggestion for a new regiment! Im thinking the 6th North Carolina regiment should be added in the game. This regiment wore really cool uniforms. They wore tophats just like the Iron Brigade. They also had a unique belt buckle with the regiment's name on it. They had a unique flag too! Pretty cool unit that would stand out in the game I think. The 6th NC fought in Antietam so it would be historically accurate.

Here are some pictures:
    1915-flag-partial-21.jpg 1915-flag-partial.jpg 4e05-DSC_6897-0-1-500x500.jpg civil_war1.jpg

CWSC146thNorthCarolina_5CA12A5B7E9A2.jpg ye.jpg pic.jpg ye ye.jpg
    Last edited by Ghost30; 03-19-2020 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost30 View Post
    Hello I have a suggestion for a new regiment! Im thinking the 6th North Carolina regiment should be added in the game. This regiment wore really cool uniforms. They wore tophats just like the Iron Brigade. They also had a unique belt buckle with the regiment's name on it. They had a unique flag too! Pretty cool unit that would stand out in the game I think. The 6th NC fought in Antietam so it would be historically accurate.

Here are some pictures:
    1915-flag-partial-21.jpg 1915-flag-partial.jpg 4e05-DSC_6897-0-1-500x500.jpg civil_war1.jpg

CWSC146thNorthCarolina_5CA12A5B7E9A2.jpg ye.jpg pic.jpg ye ye.jpg
    Thats a very cool uniform, especially the special shell jacket with 3 lines of buttons.
    Sadly, its the 1861 uniform it seems, which was used at Manassas.

There are other photos, showing soldiers of other companies of the 6th NC, having regular shell jackets or NC sack coats.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    Thats a very cool uniform, especially the special shell jacket with 3 lines of buttons.
    Sadly, its the 1861 uniform it seems, which was used at Manassas.

There are other photos, showing soldiers of other companies of the 6th NC, having regular shell jackets or NC sack coats.
    Hinkel, I don't think anyone would mind if they were added in the game with their 1861 uniforms on. I mean look at the first Louisiana Zouaves. At Antietam, they did not have their Zouave uniforms but they are still in the game. Look at the Hampton Legion, Only company H had Zouave uniforms but in the game, they all have the uniforms on. Please think about it Hinkel. If I have not changed your mind then at least add them because of their cool flag and belt buckle.
    Last edited by Ghost30; 03-19-2020 at 06:00 PM.