Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: Regiment Suggestions and Bugs

Dears devs', i would llike to know if it should be possible to integrate ingame Cobb's Legion uniforms? i ask you because they were on south mountain and bloody Lane. Also i did some searches about Cobb's Uniform.
    https://militaryimages.atavist.com/g...ay-spring-2020
    https://sites.google.com/site/kevinw...eorgia-brigade
    https://cowanauctions.com/lot/confed...s-legion-40811
    https://vault.georgiaarchives.org/di...n/flag/id/107/
    https://civilwartalk.com/threads/day...fantry.122925/
    more the historical book about Cobb's Legion:
    http://cobbslegioninfantry.com/

It would be nice to have Company A, Clinch Rifles, It was a Rifle Unit that was part of the 5th Georgia Volunteer Infantry. and It was on the Confederate Side. Here is information about them and their uniforms and a few imagines of them. 1953cf8ca1c3533180b6b95592659df0.jpgb3c061e30a3b2528f714d0370230091f.jpg5872b6f41ba57bd772411091c6763d66.jpgb27c07c976ae756036bdec42f518c5d4.jpg92e4400e44446ee071ea2a9e98334604.jpg83ade8605c0a998a62d62bbaeda7b837--rifles-war.jpg6.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TheobaldWolfe_Tone View Post
    It would be nice to have Company A, Clinch Rifles, It was a Rifle Unit that was part of the 5th Georgia Volunteer Infantry. and It was on the Confederate Side. Here is information about them and their uniforms and a few imagines of them. 1953cf8ca1c3533180b6b95592659df0.jpgb3c061e30a3b2528f714d0370230091f.jpg5872b6f41ba57bd772411091c6763d66.jpgb27c07c976ae756036bdec42f518c5d4.jpg92e4400e44446ee071ea2a9e98334604.jpg83ade8605c0a998a62d62bbaeda7b837--rifles-war.jpg6.jpg
    Sadly, the game is about the Maryland Campaign of 1862 and does not feature the western theatre. The 5th Georgia Volunteer Infantry was not active at Antietam and won't be featured.

Unlikely there were many Confederate companies still wearing early war garb such as that by Summer '62, anyway. Pretty much everyone was depot or commutation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl1zzt3r View Post
    To whom it may concern,
    I bring forth a few small nitpicks I have with some player models from both of the cavalry regiments (4thPA & 6thPA) those being the positioning of the saber, lack of spurs on brogans, and blankets being carried by troopers in 6thPA.

The lack of spurs is something that caught my attention almost immediately when I first decided to start a Cavalry regiment. Upon inspecting each and every model of both units I noticed that models that wear brogans instead of the issued 12inch boots lack the regulation M1859 spurs which were issued to all cavalry troopers and horse artillery troops. From most photos, I have seen cavalry troopers wearing what appear to be brogans all of them (or at least the majority) seem to have their spurs on as well.

Attachment 12315
    Attachment 12316
    Attachment 12317

The next item being the position of the saber when dismounted, currently, the saber is positioned incorrectly as to how it would have been when dismounted for both officers and troopers alike. Within every manual, they all say the exact same thing.

Manual of arms, the saber being worn.

"The troopers, having the saber hooked up with the hilt to the rear, are exercised at the manual of arms after the principles laid down in the second part of the lesson; they are then taught to draw the saber, to present it, and to return it."

There is an illustration to showcase what it should look like however, I cannot download it for some reason. Basically, it is exactly facing the opposite way of how it currently is in-game.

Lastly, the blankets on two private models of the 6th PA, I have yet to see a photo that shows dismounted cavalry troopers (or mounted) wearing their wool blankets across their chest like how the infantry would. Most of the troopers carried them on their horse attached to the rear of their saddle and even some of them used it as the saddle blanket itself getting rid of the issued blue and red patterned one. To me, it seems kinda silly that you would carry a blanket on your person when you wouldn't have to especially being a mounted soldier.

Attachment 12318
    Attachment 12319

Also, a small request could you give all the troopers holsters however, keep the same limit to revolvers?
    Quoting so CG can see. (too lazy to retype)

Hi, I would like to suggest the introduction of the Lorenz "2nd type" with the adjustable sight. This version of the Lorenz was also sold to the armies of the Union and the Confederation

Lorenz "2nd Type"
    37969.jpg

The adjustable sight:

model-1854-austrian-lorenz-civil-war_1_2c7d1a2d390626435bb04265d7269272 (1).jpgmodel-1854-austrian-lorenz-civil-war_1_2c7d1a2d390626435bb04265d7269272 (2).jpgmodel-1854-austrian-lorenz-civil-war_1_2c7d1a2d390626435bb04265d7269272.jpg
    Captain Davide Campi, 39th NY "Garibaldi Guard" Co. A

I have a question, Why isn't the 1st and 2nd United States Sharpshooters in all of the Maps? except the Union Training Camp Map? Plus in a few maps, both sides have Cavalry. It just isn't fair to 1st and 2nd United States Sharpshooters Regiments to have their unit only on the union training camp instead of on all the battle maps.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheobaldWolfe_Tone View Post
    I have a question, Why isn't the 1st and 2nd United States Sharpshooters in all of the Maps? except the Union Training Camp Map? Plus in a few maps, both sides have Cavalry. It just isn't fair to 1st and 2nd United States Sharpshooters Regiments to have their unit only on the union training camp instead of on all the battle maps.
    Because for one, The 1st and 2nd SS were assigned to different organizations within the Army of the Potomac.

The 2nd US Sharpshooters were assigned to the Hooker's I Corps, 1st Division, 1st Brigade under Phelps.
    The 1st US Sharpshooters were assigned to the Porter's V Corps, 1st Division, 3rd Brigade under Stockton.

As far as Drill Camp goes, there is no organizational association with any one particular regiment, it's just a place where you can train regardless of unit.

Currently, (unless it got updated,) the 1st US SS, are mistakenly placed in Hooker's Push map. It should be the 2nd US SS. As for seeing the 1st US SS, since the V Corps was never actively used at the battle of Antietam it's likely you'll never see any of the V Corps units employed on any map.

Also because of their weaponry, the Sharpshooters are in limited quantity on that map as well. As it takes less time to load the breech loader than the muzzle loader.

CSA Captain

Dear Gentlemen,

I want to draw your attention to a problem with the Battleflags of the 56th Virginia. Currently there is a southern cross variant, which is absolutely ok, but there is also that green flag belonging solely to the "Emerald Guards" of the 33rd Virginia. I already wrote with Bradley via Steam, but in the end he said he couldn't do much about it, as the historical sources are scarce to say the least. Anyhow he seems to be only there to create new content (so flags) but not to correct mistakes of the past. In my view it is simply a mistake that the Emerald Guards Flag found its way to the 56th Virginia too.

The 56th Virginia received like almost all Virginia units the blue state flag in November 1861 in Camp Lee. There is a chance that they lost it in the struggle at Fort Donnelson but I did not come across sources which would verify nor disprove about that until today.

In any case, it is simply wrong that the 56th Virginia has the flag of the 33rd Emerald Guards. So what I want to ask you guys if there is a way to remove the Emerald Guards flag from the 56th Virginia. If they should get the blue state flag may be a thing only you guys could decide. I would just be happy if there would just be two southern cross flags for the 56th Virginia.

P.S. Well I would also like to see the blue flag with the 56th Virginia. They came out of Fort Donnelson (the two thirds of the regiment, which came out) by steamboat. I guess they would have had the flag board any vessel as soon as possible, given the flag was not with the other third of the regiment which got captured at Fort Donnelson)

Thanks for reading and hopefully responding to this. I will recall this every now and then, don't worry.

Cheers Gentlemen.

Anyhow he seems to be only there to create new content (so flags) but not to correct mistakes of the past.
    I have already told you that the duplication of the Emerald Guard flag on the 56th Regiment is a glitch, but I also explained that until I have created flags for the 56th, for which there are very sparse records, I'm not going to waste development time with a temporary placeholder.

What blue flag are you referring to? What source do you have that it was carried away by a steamboat?