Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Regiment Suggestions and Bugs

Klub, I've unbanned your account. I grabbed your ID from your complaint on Steam discussions

Good-day gentlemen,

I would like to bring forth some inaccuracies and or complaints that I have regarding the cavalry units and their models presently in-game. Please note that I am not attacking the knowledge of anyone at Campfire Games I only wish to help you all achieve the goal of which you intended "a focus on historical authenticity".

​Unhistorical Regiments
    On Pry Ford the two "cavalry" regiments present are the 4th Pennsylvania Cavalry and Holcombe's Legion. The Holcombe legion should not have either carbines nor cavalry models as the cavalry battalion was not present during the Maryland Campaign as it was detached on June 17th and sent to the city of Richmond to bolster the city's defense never rejoining the legion and eventually became part of the 7th South Carolina Cavalry Regiment. If you are looking for a regiment that could possibly take its place could be the 2nd South Carolina which used to be apart of Hampton's legion and, since that "scenario" is taking place during the middle bridge advance Hampton's Brigade was located in the center of the confederate defense.

On Pry Grist Mill the 6th Pennsylvania Cavalry "Rush's Lancer" should be renamed for another cavalry regiment as they didn't receive carbines until 1863 during the final days of the Chancellorsville Campaign. When the regiment was taking part in the Maryland Campaign they were still carrying their iconic lances of which their namesake came from. They did however, have 15 Smith Carbines per company only for picket and vedette duty nonetheless, it would be a stretch to consider the men being the only ones taking part in a skirmish.

P.S. The 6thPA also has a problem of which their privates all have NCO tape on their pants, this is a common misconception with depictions of cavalry showing all troopers with the yellow stripes however, like all branches only NCOs would have it on their pants.

Incorrectly Labelled Weapon (Sharps Carbine)
    The Cavalry Sharps Carbine model 1859 is incorrectly and mistakenly labelled as an 1853 carbine in-game. The 53' "john brown" model had a quite predominate slant to its appearance as opposed to the 59' and 63' models which were more blocky and square-shaped. The 53' also had a brass finish on the upper band and patch box.

Incorrect Cavalry boots & Missing Spurs
    On some of the cavalry models across both factions, troopers can be seen sporting the iconic 12" boots with the knee flap however, these boots appear to be incorrect for the period and look like a later boot issued during the Indian Wars. Boots given to both the (light) artillery and cavalry would've looked as if it was made from a single piece of leather and not have a design in them which the in-game ones do.

Taking another look at footwear on the troopers we can see that alot of them also sport booties (brogans) which is historically correct as alot of troopers were issued these as boots were private purchase or issued depending on the unit. Nonetheless, the lack of spurs is something that caught my attention almost immediately when I first decided to start a Cavalry regiment. Upon inspecting each and every model of all the units I noticed that models that wear brogans instead of the issued 12'' boots lack the regulation M1859 spurs which were issued to all cavalry troopers and horse artillery troops. From most photos that I have seen, cavalry troopers wearing what appear to be brogans all of them (or at least the majority) seem to have their spurs on as well. A cavalryman without spurs is like a infantryman without a bayonet, an important tool and piece of equipment.

Position of the Saber, Dismounted
    The next item is the position of the saber when dismounted, currently, sabers and swords are positioned incorrectly as to how it would have been when dismounted for both officers and troopers alike.

Within every manual, they all say the exact same thing.

Manual of arms, the saber being worn.

"The troopers, having the saber hooked up with the hilt to the rear, are exercised at the manual of arms after the principles laid down in the second part of the lesson; they are then taught to draw the saber, to present it, and to return it."

Blankets Worn Dismounted?
    Lastly, the blankets on two private models of the 6th PA, I have yet to see a photo that shows dismounted cavalry troopers (or mounted) wearing their wool blankets across their chest like how the infantry would. Most of the troopers carried them on their horse attached to the rear of their saddle and even some of them used it as the saddle blanket itself getting rid of the issued blue and red patterned one. To me, it seems kind of silly that you would carry a blanket on your person when you wouldn't have to especially being a mounted soldier.

Volunteer vs Regular Trim
    This isn't a complaint nor a bitch but something that is cool which I've found in my research. The Mounted Service Jacket is iconic to the cavalry as well as the artillery and is rightly featured in-game, however, something that is unique to cavalry was the distinction between Regular and Volunteer units via the trim they wore on their collars. According to the army regulations, volunteer cavalry units would've had one pipe on the collar while the regulars would have two. There are photos of this being the case however, it seems to not always have been done or perhaps not even the norm, unfortunately, there are no photos of the 4th Pennsylvania Cavalry troopers and the ones of the 6th Pennsylvania are impossible to certainly identify the collar piping.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Please note.

On both fields that you mention, Pry Ford, and Pry Mill. Both are theoretically ahistorical, meaning that for the most part, they never happened historically.

So, since that is the case, I have no issues with CFG using whatever units they want.

As for your other points, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    Please note.

On both fields that you mention, Pry Ford, and Pry Mill. Both are theoretically ahistorical, meaning that for the most part, they never happened historically.

So, since that is the case, I have no issues with CFG using whatever units they want.

As for your other points, thanks.
    True, they are ahistorical scenarios however, the units involved are all historical & all were engaged within the same vicinity of each other during the battles. Thus, should be accurately represented in-game to how they did during the battle itself. Holcombe Legion doesn't have carbines anymore so the update to their uniforms shouldn't really affect much. The 6thPA however, just makes no sense having them with carbines if they historically never were equipped with them until the following year, to me that's like having the 42ndPA equiped with enfields or the 69thNY with Springfields.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Yeah, I get it ....

No one could be more of a Civil War purist than myself, but again, ahistorical, and a game.

Enjoy.

Would like to see the 1st Florida Cavalry.

Formed in 1861 soon after Florida’s secession they were known to have participated in the follow engagements.

American Civil War
    Siege of Knoxville
    (September—December 1863)
    Kentucky Campaign
    Battle of Chickamauga
    Battle of Chattanooga
    Atlanta Campaign
    Franklin-Nashville Campaign
    (Tennessee Campaign)
    Second Battle of Franklin
    (Tennessee Campaign)
    Battle of Nashville of John Bell Hood
    (Tennessee Campaign)
    Carolinas Campaign
    William G.M. Davis

CSA Captain

Unfortunately Sharpsburg is missing in their Battle Honors, so I doubt they will make it into War of Rights, which touches only the Maryland Campaign 1862.
    ...Hopefully we will se other Campaigns as well, BUT let's get this here done first.

Cheers!

Best gateway service provider in Indore : MsgClub

As an application or website developer, a bulk SMS service can significantly boost your interactions, sales and the repeated use of your app. We provide best send bulk sms api service in Indore which can be integrated in any website or application.Our Bulk sms SMPP gateway server panel Indore allow to provide bulk sms smpp connection or connectivity for the big clients who use smpp to send bulk sms in Indore.
    https://www.msgclub.net/coverage/bulk_sms_indore.aspx

Bulk SMS indore, Bulk SMS in indore, Bulk SMS Service indore, Bulk SMS Service provider indore, Bulk SMS Gateway indore, Bulk SMS Reseller Indore, bulk sms provider in indore, sms api indore, sms indore,sms marketing indore, bulk sms company in indore

Pazonat 400mg Tablet which is an anti-cancer drug. It operates on blocking tyrosine kinase enzyme receptors, hindering the growth of cancer cells, and restricting the formation of new blood vessels within the tumor.

Buy Pazonat 400mg tablet from USA Online Healthcare Store

At Drugssquare Pharmacy buy Pazonat in two strengths: Pazonat 400mg tablet and Pazonat 200mg tablets at the best prices online in USA. Purchase Pazonat 400mg effortlessly from Drugssquare Pharmacy with a simple click. We guarantee swift doorstep delivery within the promised timeframe, and our products undergo rigorous quality checks before dispatch. Count on our commitment to delivering top-notch products, enjoy the lowest prices, and a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
    Explore a realm of healthcare medication at Drugssquare Pharmacy, a reliable online store in the USA. We are offering medicines like Pomalid 4mg price, Regonat 40mg tablet, Bracanat 150mg, Abirapro mg online at best price. Feel free to buy by contacting Info@drugssquare.com