Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Focus some attention on bug fixes please

Focus some attention on bug fixes please

Game still crashing when changing servers and joining servers, in game voice works when it wants to and the screen changes color to black and white then to red. Focus more of your efforts on fixing bugs instead of adding more content. Also did the whole uninstall ,delete folder and reinstall to no avail.
    Last edited by TRaider; 03-07-2018 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TRaider View Post
    Game still crashing when changing servers and joining servers, in game voice works when it wants to and the screen changes color to black and white then to red. Focus more of your efforts on fixing bugs instead of adding more content. Also did the whole uninstall ,delete folder and reinstall to no avail.
    Thank you for your feedback.

It is, however, rarely artists (that do animations, character updates, level updates, sound updates, etc) that also are the main bug smashers but the programmers.

This means that just because we release, say, a new skirmish area it doesn't mean we're not working on fixing bugs (if all bugs were fixed we'd not be in alpha but fully released).

- Trusty

Clearly I realize artists don’t do bug fixes. The crashing is a bug you guys claimed to have improved but I can tell you it isn’t any better than it was in the past.

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

List of issues that haven't been solved since major content has been added...

- Game Crashes randomly
    - Game Crashes when you leave server
    - Game wont allow sound options
    - Black screen during random game loads...

While Artists don't fix bugs...coders do. What are they doing?

Other issues not related to code...

- Limited companies
    - overly limited officer and NCO slots.

The number of bugs and fixes I have seen is impressive and noticed by many. When I started playing, the game crashed randomly constantly, and it drove me up the wall. Now, I have not had the game randomly crash in probably two-three months. Loading times have been substantially increased along with initial map loading stability (that is a recent patch, three updates ago I want to say). Major animation bugs have been fixed and improved, one being vaulting, another being aiming after sprinting then shouldering your arms once or twice. The list goes on with bugs and issues that have been fixed, along with major performance improvements and optimizations. The 150 player sound bug was resolved within a day or two I believe, and in the following update, many improvements were made to the server to accommodate this new server capacity along with general server performance improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by F. L. Villarreal View Post
    List of issues that haven't been solved since major content has been added...

- Game Crashes randomly
    - Game Crashes when you leave server
    - Game wont allow sound options
    - Black screen during random game loads...

While Artists don't fix bugs...coders do. What are they doing?

Other issues not related to code...

- Limited companies
    - overly limited officer and NCO slots.
    The limited officer class is to deal with rambo officers, and while it is not ideal, it has vastly decreased the frequency of seeing rambos. The NCO limit is the same deal, Sergeant Majors can get pistols and also rambo, but this limit could be lifted on all NCO's if they implemented the ability to choose your rank and just limited Sergeant Majors.

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
    The number of bugs and fixes I have seen is impressive and noticed by many. When I started playing, the game crashed randomly constantly, and it drove me up the wall. Now, I have not had the game randomly crash in probably two-three months. Loading times have been substantially increased along with initial map loading stability (that is a recent patch, three updates ago I want to say). Major animation bugs have been fixed and improved, one being vaulting, another being aiming after sprinting then shouldering your arms once or twice. The list goes on with bugs and issues that have been fixed, along with major performance improvements and optimizations. The 150 player sound bug was resolved within a day or two I believe, and in the following update, many improvements were made to the server to accommodate this new server capacity along with general server performance improvements.

The limited officer class is to deal with rambo officers, and while it is not ideal, it has vastly decreased the frequency of seeing rambos. The NCO limit is the same deal, Sergeant Majors can get pistols and also rambo, but this limit could be lifted on all NCO's if they implemented the ability to choose your rank and just limited Sergeant Majors.
    We literally had a guy trying to get on and his game kept crashing for about an hour or so...

While its cool to be in close contact with developers, I cannot in good faith only tell them when they do good and not scrutinize the not so good. Notice they have not commented on this post.

Quote Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post

The game still crashes randomly and constantly, one of my guys spent the last hour trying to get into a match. I've consistently crashed and or had screen change colors from bw to red, and the loss of in game voice comms at random times. We get it its an alpha but when issues that are claimed to have been fixed are still occurring its quite frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by TRaider View Post
    The game still crashes randomly and constantly, one of my guys spent the last hour trying to get into a match. I've consistently crashed and or had screen change colors from bw to red, and the loss of in game voice comms at random times. We get it its an alpha but when issues that are claimed to have been fixed are still occurring its quite frustrating.
    We literally had a guy trying to get on and his game kept crashing for about an hour or so...

While its cool to be in close contact with developers, I cannot in good faith only tell them when they do good and not scrutinize the not so good. Notice they have not commented on this post.
    They have commented on this post. And I wholeheartedly agree with you on scrutinizing the developers, it is the whole reason that they have these forums. As for your unlucky guy, strange, because almost everyone I have talked to has reported basically what I said earlier in my post. There are still a handful of cases where people still have crashing issues, but, there used to be a ton of complaints and posts about fixing crashing that absolutely dwarfed the amount we see now.

If an issue that has been claimed to be fixed is not fixed for you and you do not see a lot of people on the forums posting about it, you are in the group of people who just have crashing issues or some other strange issue that the devs cannot resolve because it is a client issue. The biggest development with crashing is that a majority of the time, it is a clientside issue and not a game issue (meaning that the game is the cause of the crash, but, it is too client-specific that the devs cannot fix it). If you also believe I am too firmly defending the devs, I continuously scrutinize and suggest things they should change, check some of my post history.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Please understand, not all crashes are game related.

Many is the time when someone reported crashing and updating drivers and system files was recommended, which in turn caused his system to perform better.
    Sadly many people do not keep their systems to spec. and updated with the latest patches and updates. Under spec systems are always going to be problematic, that's not the game nor the developer's fault.

Of course sometimes, crashing can be remedied by uninstalling the files from steam, then going to your steam directory on your system and deleting the WoR folder and then going back to steam and reinstalling the game.

Remember this is still in Alpha, and much of what many complain about are placeholder situations for future improvements.

Patience is a virtue.

CSA Major

Great, and in the meantime there are many out there who suffer no noticeable issues or game-altering experiences.
    You would do yourself a service to spend time reading through the 'Patch Notes' thread. CFG have been, fairly consistently, stamping out the greater majority of errors that cause complete crashes. They have been able to do this because folk submit bug reports on a regular basis. That said, as far as I am able to determine, many players here are now able to enjoy a prolonged period within the game before a crash occurs, the occasional error not withstanding. I would advise that both yourself, and your friend, to upload all error logs - it can only ever help. Finally, as Mr A.P Hill has mentioned, it is worth ensuring that you are running a clean system with updated drivers (old ones completely removed) with sufficient hardware.