Thread: Return of the Q line.

USA General of the Army

Return of the Q line.

Will we ever see the return of the ability to use Q to draw a line as an officer or SgtMaj? It's a feture I've found I dearly miss for helping to get pubs in formation quickly and effectivly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    Will we ever see the return of the ability to use Q to draw a line as an officer or SgtMaj? It's a feture I've found I dearly miss for helping to get pubs in formation quickly and effectivly.
    Yes. We've had both our programmers take a long hard look at it as it is a great feature (and thus we hate it being broken). We've not been able to come up with a solution yet and are thus currently considering creating the system from scratch.

- Trusty

USA Captain

I do miss this feature.

USA Captain

The Danish Army in 1864 used the term "Root man". If the Company where to Wheel right, the last man on the right where the root man. He stod still but turned right on the position. The rest used him for position guide, and moved into position on his right side. Its an easy drill to do and learn.

It will do well making quick fire line also. March your Company in 2 rows, not in one row !
    Soldiers standing left move left Next to the front soldier who keeps his position, being the root man on left side. And the man behind him fall in and so on. Right side same way.

Doing a dupple rank fire line is also easy, all soldiers on the left wil be the front rank, all soldiers to the right is second line ...
    Last edited by TheRegulator; 03-18-2018 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRegulator View Post
    The Danish Army in 1864 used the term "Root man". If the Company where to Wheel right, the last man on the right where the root man. He stod still but turned right on the position. The rest used him for position guide, and moved into position on his right side. Its an easy drill to do and learn.

It will do well making quick fire line also. March your Company in 2 rows, not in one row !
    Soldiers standing left move left Next to the front soldier who keeps his position, being the root man on left side. And the man behind him fall in and so on. Right side same way.

Doing a dupple rank fire line is also easy, all soldiers on the left wil be the front rank, all soldiers to the right is second line ...
    That is the way all units should be conducting a right/left wheel movement, at least I know the 1st Texas does it that way along with some other units I have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    I can happily say that the officer lines have now been fixed and will be making a comeback sometime in the near future. Happy line drawing!

- Michael

CSA Colonel

Good news indeed, thank you!

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I can happily say that the officer lines have now been fixed and will be making a comeback sometime in the near future. Happy line drawing!

- Michael
    WOW!!! does anyone have any tissue? I'm super excited about this...

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post

- Michael
    My hero!