Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 25-03-2018 Thirty-Ninth Field Report: Harper’s Ferry & Update 100 released

25-03-2018 Thirty-Ninth Field Report: Harper’s Ferry & Update 100 released

Field Report 39:Harper’s Ferry & Update 100 released posted 25-03-2018 CLICK TO VIEW

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Sweet!

CSA Major General

For the confederacy I suggest getting 3 volunteers & a steam locomotive filled with some kind of explosive stuff * .... ride it into town and ... battle's over. (first evacuating all civ's and offering a chance to surrender)

Well since nitroglycerine is out of the question, I've spoken to some Swedish fellow called Alfred Nobel and he gave me some ideas (I did tell him it's for mining though)
    Last edited by Redleader; 03-25-2018 at 07:45 PM.
    I write for my personal account and from personal experience, unless stated otherwise.

USA Captain

I have a feeling I fell into finding this gem of a game at the right time. Very pleased with my purchase to be apart of the Alpha release.

USA 1st Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Redleader View Post
    For the confederacy I suggest getting 3 volunteers & a steam locomotive filled with some kind of explosive stuff * .... ride it into town and ... battle's over. (first evacuating all civ's and offering a chance to surrender)

Well since nitroglycerine is out of the question, I've spoken to some Swedish fellow called Alfred Nobel and he gave me some ideas (I did tell him it's for mining though)
    Like this?

Best,
    Dman979

Decided to take a look at WoR at the right time! Those screenshots from the town can easily be mistaken for actual photos,specially the river and mountains at background. Guess now I have a rig to handle the game at medium settings. Can't wait to try it.

USA Brigadier General

I see we can enter John Brown's Fort.
    First Sergeant Joseph P. Brevett of Company B, 2nd Maryland Infantry

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile,
    This day shall gentle his condition;- William Shakespeare, Henry V

A Good Resource for The Maryland Campaign

USA 2nd Lieutenant

Another superb update: great progress; well done the development team!

Quote Originally Posted by Dnalur View Post
    I have a feeling I fell into finding this gem of a game at the right time. Very pleased with my purchase to be apart of the Alpha release.
    It's certainly a gem by my reckoning, and yes you picked a good time. I'm fairly new myself, have been playing about a month now, and have no regrets. One warning: if you're Confed, Harper's Ferry is a bloodbath. If you're Yankee, it's a turkey-shoot. Map looks amazing though, and they've already made some adjustments, though a large weekend server will tell if it's enough. Work in progress, the team will get t right, no worries here.

The game as it is now, though, is great fun already, especially if you've found a good squad to enjoy it with. Friday through Sunday seem to be peak times, 8EST if you're NA (which you seem to be). Can't speak for peak European times, as I'm rarely on during those times.

Best of luck to you in the field, Dnalur, and welcome to a great community and great game!

CSA Captain

This map is incredible. It's so accurate you guys have done a great job.

I have a suggestion for a fight there, the cemetary on top of the hill would be a fun alt scenario.