Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Harper's Ferry Thoughts, Suggestions, and Prayers

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Adding more cover is a tough one as the maps are as close to a representation of the area’s visuals in 1862 as possible (the Confederate side of the Potomac is already covered slightly more up than it was in real life).

We have no further balance plans for the map currently but that doesn’t mean they won’t happen. Naturally, if the majority of our players are skipping the map they won’t happen as we’ll have no data to base the balance changes on.

- Trusty

Hey Trusty,

Thanks for taking the time to respond so quickly!. Have you not been unable to collect this data over the past couple of weeks? I would think you would have some data collected from the servers plus with the consistent feedback like this from testers we might be more open to changes (even if they can't take a high priority). What sort of data are you seeking to collect? If your looking to get a sampling of win/loss ratios for a particular map, you should certainly have that data already. Please elaborate, and maybe we can assist in gathering the data you need to make informed decisions.

Also if there are no further plans for the map, and the map continues to see terrible responses from the community, will CG consider removing the bridge crossing map from the cluster? I get that this is alpha, and the time to test stuff... At the same time if a map is that bad, you wont see nearly as much testing of the other 2 Harper's Ferry maps. In my opinion, this is a shame, as those are two very exciting maps to play on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitsme Indaface View Post
    Hey Trusty,

Thanks for taking the time to respond so quickly!. Have you not been unable to collect this data over the past couple of weeks? I would think you would have some data collected from the servers plus with the consistent feedback like this from testers we might be more open to changes (even if they can't take a high priority). What sort of data are you seeking to collect? If your looking to get a sampling of win/loss ratios for a particular map, you should certainly have that data already. Please elaborate, and maybe we can assist in gathering the data you need to make informed decisions.

Also if there are no further plans for the map, and the map continues to see terrible responses from the community, will CG consider removing the bridge crossing map from the cluster? I get that this is alpha, and the time to test stuff... At the same time if a map is that bad, you wont see nearly as much testing of the other 2 Harper's Ferry maps. In my opinion, this is a shame, as those are two very exciting maps to play on.
    Please reread my previous reply.

The map balance was changed as late as late update - looking at several week old feedback is thus not really representable for its current state balance wise.

Map balance is an ongoing thing. Tweak a tiny bit, see the feedback after the change, then change a tiny bit more based off that feedback and see the feedback of that change, etc. etc.

- Trusty

Quote Originally Posted by rbsmith7 View Post
    [*]Giving the Confederates a sizable rifle team in order to counter-snipe until user-directed artillery is implemented in-game. This is a fantasy scenario, why are 2/3rds of us carrying 1842's?
    Very Respectfully,
    I actually like the idea of a skirmish unit for the south. Might be an option for further balancing

In the real battle, Mississippi and South Carolina units were stationed at that side of the river. Right now, you can choose the 3rd South Carolina ingame which is equipped with Springfield 61 and Enfields. So its not like 2/3rds carrying 1842

CSA Captain

Interesting update to the spawns on Harper's Ferry...however I don't know how that fixes the problem. The CSA's issue is that the dual spawns split units up, making it hard to get a coordinated crossing going in the first place with the added effect that the Union can see the CSA's movements anywhere they are. The Union having split spawns doesn't have that same effect: They can still just rush the bridges.
    Currahee!

Quote Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
    Interesting update to the spawns on Harper's Ferry...however I don't know how that fixes the problem. The CSA's issue is that the dual spawns split units up, making it hard to get a coordinated crossing going in the first place with the added effect that the Union can see the CSA's movements anywhere they are. The Union having split spawns doesn't have that same effect: They can still just rush the bridges.
    We will need to get some proper testing in before we'll be able to say - but the split does mean the Union is going to be facing the same communication issues as the CSA when spawning. The 2nd Union spawn is also quite a ways further away from the bridges than the old one.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

That's fair, away I go to test!
    Currahee!