Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Kill Report

CSA Captain

Kill Report

Showing if u got a kill or not

CSA Major

No.
    It's not going to happen. Feel free to search the forum for other threads discussing this topic.

CSA Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post
    No.
    It's not going to happen. Feel free to search the forum for other threads discussing this topic.
    Thank you!

CSA Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by isa567 View Post
    Showing if u got a kill or not
    I feel it'd take away from the realism; making the game to many people more about who gets the most kills, and not how it was intended to be played.

Quote Originally Posted by gregory00110 View Post
    I feel it'd take away from the realism; making the game to many people more about who gets the most kills, and not how it was intended to be played.
    I disagree; it would be extremely helpful in trying to determine whether or not you've been shooting at a dead man, bush or other non-living entity that looks alive, or have just been missing every shot for the past 60 seconds. Instead of a kill feed or similar system, it could function like the targets in the Drill Camp. If you get a hit in a certain region, it will display a hit in that location on a depiction of a human body, and it wouldn't even have to tell you if the target died. I doubt this would create a competition for kills. Furthermore, Holdfast has actual hitmarkers, which is arguably the most immersion breaking factor.

CSA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by ChairdolfSitler View Post
    I disagree; it would be extremely helpful in trying to determine whether or not you've been shooting at a dead man, bush or other non-living entity that looks alive, or have just been missing every shot for the past 60 seconds. Instead of a kill feed or similar system, it could function like the targets in the Drill Camp. If you get a hit in a certain region, it will display a hit in that location on a depiction of a human body, and it wouldn't even have to tell you if the target died. I doubt this would create a competition for kills. Furthermore, Holdfast has actual hitmarkers, which is arguably the most immersion breaking factor.
    +1 This seems like a very smart way to implement a system like this.

USA 1st Lieutenant

I disagree; it would be extremely helpful in trying to determine whether or not you've been shooting at a dead man, bush or other non-living entity that looks alive, or have just been missing every shot for the past 60 seconds.
    And what if the devs don't want you to know if the thing you've been shooting at is a dead man, bush, or other non-living entity that looks alive, or to know if you have just been missing every shot for the past 60 seconds?

Best,
    Dman979

CSA Colonel

I disagree; it would be extremely helpful in trying to determine whether or not you've been shooting at a dead man, bush or other non-living entity that looks alive, or have just been missing every shot for the past 60 seconds.
    If you were actually fighting in the Civil War, what means would use use to ascertain this information? The only way would be to go over there and have a look, which you are currently free to do in game.

The real soldiers had no digital means to tell how effective their fire was, so why should we in a game striving for realism?

Thats why we have officers in game, which will have some usefull tools soon or later, which help you to identify an enemy line or neutral bush

Quote Originally Posted by rbsmith7 View Post
    I hope you mean binoculars
    Could be an example yes. Could also mean other tools or gameplay functions
    Last edited by Hinkel; 04-10-2018 at 03:02 PM.