Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Kill Report

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Rebel View Post
    Some of you don't like it but it will arguably bring in or retain a huge amount of players.
    No it won't.

this is realistic.
    No, no it really isn't.
    ''I'm here to play an American Civil War era combat game, not Call of Duty with muskets.''.

All that I and many others want is simply a sound. A sound that triggers when you hit flesh. Doesn't need to give any other details than this. Some of you don't like it but it will arguably bring in or retain a huge amount of players. This isn't a COD type of change, this is a realistic (imo needed) adaptation of the game because it is indeed a game. PLEASE.
    How is that realistic? If you are close enough to hear a round making contact with flesh you are close enough to know if it was your round that hit him. They do not need to shoehorn some exaggerated and over the top sound just to cater to COD players moonlighting in War of Rights. And you would hear the noise from your firearm over top the sound anyway so it just does not make any sense.
    Last edited by Matt(Fridge); 03-19-2019 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Typo

CSA Major

I said realistic as in being reasonable for a simulation game. Not as realistic in real life. Sorry for the confusion.

please no kill reports it would turn it into holdfast with so many rambos running off trying to up thier "KDR"

I don't get why people still push for a kill report and why this thread is now 11 pages in. The only time it is actually kind of hard to tell if you killed someone is when you are shooting volleys at a group far beyond normal combat distance. In standard combat distance It is rarely vague unless everyone happened to be firing on the same guy, which a disciplined unit would not do anyway. Aim at a guys upper body you pull the trigger and they drop is as good as a kill report as anything. Just count yourself if your that worried about a kill count.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Matt(Fridge) View Post
    I don't get why people still push for a kill report and why this thread is now 11 pages in. The only time it is actually kind of hard to tell if you killed someone is when you are shooting volleys at a group far beyond normal combat distance. In standard combat distance It is rarely vague unless everyone happened to be firing on the same guy, which a disciplined unit would not do anyway. Aim at a guys upper body you pull the trigger and they drop is as good as a kill report as anything. Just count yourself if your that worried about a kill count.
    Either you have super human vision or you often Rambo. It's near impossible most of the game to see if you hit someone.

As long as the kill report was personal and not publicized to the entire server. If all could view each other's KDR then we would have a problem. I wouldn't mind at all a personal report that only you can view.
    Last edited by 1st KY "Orphan" Brigade; 03-20-2019 at 03:37 AM.

Captain Ed Porter Thompson, CSA
    1st Kentucky Brigade

Either you have super human vision or you often Rambo. It's near impossible most of the game to see if you hit someone.
    Not sure how you got that out of my statement but your wrong. I dont play the game outside of my unit's scheduled events in which I am a senior NCO who has some of the responsibility to keep order. So no I dont rambo. If you think it takes "super human vision" to tell if you killed someone at average combat distance then I dont't know what to tell you. Not trying to be rude but it really isnt that hard.

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by 1st KY "Orphan" Brigade View Post
    As long as the kill report was personal and not publicized to the entire server. If all could view each other's KDR then we would have a problem. I wouldn't mind at all a personal report that only you can view.
    So we can create, yet another, Useless Chest Thumping thread on these forums where we can whip it out with our measuring tapes ...
    Nah ... am still not a fan of the Kill Reports.
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.