Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Kill Report

In all fairness it was probably still on the first page of the forums since forum engagement is so ridiculously low in this community.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

An individual kill report would be so opposed to what I consider the essence of the game, that it well might make me just quit. I hope it never gets added.

RhettVito
    This game does not need a personal kill report plenty of other games that have that. This game is unique in its own way and it needs to stay that way. Adding a kill counter will only encourage more out of line killed nonsense. Go play Holdfast: Nations At War if you need a kill counter. The only kind of kill counter I would think would be something would be maybe a regimental kill counter. At the end of the round it would show each regiment how many kills they had but never a personal kill counter. Adding a regimental kill/death count would just basically boil down to bragging rights of what regiment was doing more work. Although I really do like the current way it is. Just my two cents on it.
    Last edited by RhettVito; 01-31-2020 at 12:02 PM.

CSA Captain

After what I saw courtesy of Xbwalker this past Wednesday, I highly welcome a k/D counter for regiments.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

USA Captain

@LaBelle I saw the same and I don't believe any of my company would feel the need to Rambo just to boost that. I understand the hesitation, but we used those numbers to try to make ourselves better players. We play the game with teamwork and what I got from seeing the results was that we are doing things the right way. low deaths, nearly twice as many kills and I would wager heavily that the number of out of line deaths was very small. I would suggest maybe a trial of it since we ARE in alpha anyway....if it brings a plethora of Rambos out of the woods, then bag it....
    Descendant of David Jewell - 1st Maine Heavy Artillery, Philo Johnson - 11th Vermont/1st VTHA

I’m brand new to this game and have been looking forward to a game like this coming around. My 2 biggest history passions are WWII and the American Civil War.

I used to play WWIIOL (WWII online), and the draw for me was there was no immediate kill system. They did have however , have an after mission report, and promotion system based on kills. But for me, the immersion factor was never knowing if you got a kill or not. In a game like that, if you were flying a bomber, it was nice to see a bomb damage report, but that happened to an extent in real life. The same could well be true for tank kills. But again, this were done AFTER mission.

Now, having said all that;
    THIS IS A CIVIL WAR COMBAT SIMULATOR. FULL STOP.

They had NO way of determining kills/loses during a battle. Fog of war was at times literally, FOG, due to smoke and debris. There were no kill counters! You knew you won at the end of day if you were alive and in one piece.

Working as a team in this environment is the only way to ensure you succeed. It was true then and it’s true in this game.

Any sort of kill counter, pop up, or scoring system would destroy the immersion factor for me.
    I’m happy with the way the end result is determined, and in my short time playing, commanders have expressed glee after a volley when they see multiple enemy fall. That in itself is enough satisfaction for me.

Stay the course. This game is going to be even greater than it is now.
    Last edited by Vishnu; 02-16-2020 at 03:56 PM.

I hope so. I would like to play it myself one of these days.

I understand the concept of no personal kill stats, it makes sense to me because this is a team concept game, but what about team stats? Maybe a monthly stat report for teams. Then people could see the teams as they rank, might even promote more team cooperation and discipline.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Vaughn View Post
    I understand the concept of no personal kill stats, it makes sense to me because this is a team concept game, but what about team stats? Maybe a monthly stat report for teams. Then people could see the teams as they rank, might even promote more team cooperation and discipline.
    The platform system which is being worked on could be used as the basement for such an idea
    The system is explained here:

https://www.warofrightsforum.com/sho...stem-explained

Thanks for the reply, sounds like this is gonna get really good! I'm liking this game more and more! Thanks for all of the hard work.