Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Kill Report

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    Thank you for your feedback. We know that the missing kill report might upset some people, but we have no intension for a kill feedback at the moment. We think a kill report would kill the tactical aspect of our game.
    My question in response would be: How does a kill report at the end of a round kill the tactical aspect? There are no tactics to be done because it's the end of the round! I totally understand it to not be during the game, but to not have it at the end? I'd like to hear your response for that Hinkel or any other WoR Dev?

Quote Originally Posted by Rbater View Post
    My question in response would be: How does a kill report at the end of a round kill the tactical aspect? There are no tactics to be done because it's the end of the round! I totally understand it to not be during the game, but to not have it at the end? I'd like to hear your response for that Hinkel or any other WoR Dev?
    It won't but it may change the behavior of the player during the match. You might get tempted to ignore your team/officer orders more so in order to get those extra kills than you would have if said extra kills weren't showed to you at the end of a round, meaning less teamplay.

This is why we show team statistics and not individual statistics at the end of the round.

- Trusty

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    It won't but it may change the behavior of the player during the match. You might get tempted to ignore your team/officer orders more so in order to get those extra kills than you would have if said extra kills weren't showed to you at the end of a round, meaning less teamplay.

This is why we show team statistics and not individual statistics at the end of the round.

- Trusty
    What about if it only showed individual kills when in formation/skirmishing? Then you'd have to be following orders to be able to see if you had gotten one. In addition, have you all thought about displaying soldier accuracy and amount of ammo consumed? Then you have to do math to calculate it all, and most people won't bother to do that. But I do find having some sort of individual stat available to the players at the end of the round would be helpful and make the game feel more gratifying.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post

- Trusty
    I would possibility like to see a player score board for picket patrol, with formations being a requirement, people would have to go in groups if not just staying with the team as a whole and cannot rambo. But im still sticking with no player scoreboard for skirmishes.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

Thank you for the suggestions - they are not bad ones I think.

We may very well expand the after action report with additional information in the future as that seems to be a general request by most of our community.

I will take your suggestions to the team for discussion.

- Trusty

As long as theres not anything to encourage someone to Rambo in order to rack up kills you could probably experiment with an expanded statistics screen at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt(Fridge) View Post
    As long as theres not anything to encourage someone to Rambo in order to rack up kills you could probably experiment with an expanded statistics screen at the end.
    Of course. I don't want there to be anything that encourages that behavior either. I just would like to know some individual stats as I feel like I'm doing nothing for the team, even though I'm following orders and shooting in the right area, etc. The end of round screen doesn't feel gratifying even on victory because of that. Like I don't care to see how many deaths both teams had with people in formation yada yada ya. Some stats like I suggested such as player accuracy or even team accuracy in addition to total rounds consumed by yourself and and the team, and total team deaths would be cool. There's a plethora of fascinating statistics that could be displayed outside of what's there now that won't influence rambos and isn't a full on kill report.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Rbater View Post
    Of course. I don't want there to be anything that encourages that behavior either. I just would like to know some individual stats as I feel like I'm doing nothing for the team, even though I'm following orders and shooting in the right area, etc. The end of round screen doesn't feel gratifying even on victory because of that. Like I don't care to see how many deaths both teams had with people in formation yada yada ya. Some stats like I suggested such as player accuracy or even team accuracy in addition to total rounds consumed by yourself and and the team, and total team deaths would be cool. There's a plethora of fascinating statistics that could be displayed outside of what's there now that won't influence rambos and isn't a full on kill report.
    Look at the bold....that's exactly why they should never ever add individual stats, you've basically just countered your own suggestions. You state that you don't care how many deaths both teams had, who was out of formation etc.....when that's actually what matters most of all - ticket loss.
    ''I'm here to play an American Civil War era combat game, not Call of Duty with muskets.''.

Quote Originally Posted by Sox View Post
    Look at the bold....that's exactly why they should never ever add individual stats, you've basically just countered your own suggestions. You state that you don't care how many deaths both teams had, who was out of formation etc.....when that's actually what matters most of all - ticket loss.
    Of course ticket loss matters, but when there's 4 stats on the current screen, each showing deaths in formation, skirmishing, out of formation, and total, it's too many stats about the same thing that can be summed up in just the last stat: total deaths for each side. I understand how the ticket system works with people out of formation costing more tickets than when actually in formation, but how/why does it matter showing those specific death stats outside of total when the round is already over? If anything, you should be able to check those death stats when the game is going on (or at least COs and NCOs should be able to).

Quote Originally Posted by Matt(Fridge) View Post
    I have said this before but I do not understand why people act like it is incredibly hard to tell if you have killed someone. It is only when it is far away and beyond normal combat distance that it is a bit tricky (which makes perfect sense).
    This.
    Last edited by Vankovski; 04-13-2019 at 08:37 AM. Reason: I suck at quoting