Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Kill Report

Quote Originally Posted by Rbater View Post
    , but how/why does it matter showing those specific death stats outside of total when the round is already over? If anything, you should be able to check those death stats when the game is going on (or at least COs and NCOs should be able to).
    You assume players are drones, uninterested in how the match plays out. That is not so.
    From those 3 numbers you can objectively discuss at the end of the match that failure was due to discipline problems (too many skirmishes, too many independents, too static officers, etc) or to tactics employed (teams being roughly equal in effectiveness, what counts is available options and which one was employed).

Quote Originally Posted by EneCtin View Post
    You assume players are drones, uninterested in how the match plays out. That is not so.
    From those 3 numbers you can objectively discuss at the end of the match that failure was due to discipline problems (too many skirmishes, too many independents, too static officers, etc) or to tactics employed (teams being roughly equal in effectiveness, what counts is available options and which one was employed).
    You can discuss all that stuff without a kill report or hit markers.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt(Fridge) View Post
    You can discuss all that stuff without a kill report or hit markers.
    You can also discuss all that with those three numbers only a bit more to the point.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    But the point is: The developers have decided that their projected path does not, and will likely remain, non dependent of individuals seeing any form of individual scores.

Their chosen path is to hold the unit score of greater benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by EneCtin View Post
    If there are discipline problems, you would know during the match just based on how it is progressing. Like I suggested that you didn't bold is if total deaths between the sides is displayed (without the other death stats) in addition to stats such as player accuracy/team accuracy, total rounds consumed by yourself/the team, time contesting the point of contentions, etc. Those stats show how overall effective or not your team was and it will directly benefit companies because then they can drill and plan around how effective they were in that one round for the next. All in all, these stats that would be displayed at EoR would be helpful and make the game feel more gratifying without players just seeing 4 stats of death that is summed up in the last stat: total. Again, there's a plethora of fascinating statistics that could be displayed outside of what's there and what I have listed.

I do not believe that they should ever add that. It would only lead to more rambos and shit play.

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    But the point is: The developers have decided that their projected path does not, and will likely remain, non dependent of individuals seeing any form of individual scores.

Their chosen path is to hold the unit score of greater benefit.
    Quote Originally Posted by James Morgan View Post
    I do not believe that they should ever add that. It would only lead to more rambos and shit play.
    See my last post.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt.Palmer View Post
    your observation skills are remarkable "You are not playing other games, you’re playing this one" "often to detail" and yes I have read the forums but I also have the right to suggest to rethink the reasons as mentioned on my last post, some of the reasons you have failed to reply to.
    "If you want to be sure of hitting the target, spend time on the drill camp and practice your marksmanship." I hit 350 yards with a carbine a few times bulls eye over 90hr in 2 weeks game time and I would say 60% in practice,

CSA Major, may I ask if you obtained a server at over £1,000 or even maybe up to £5,000 ? or is the title "Major" just for show?

hhhmm yeah sorry not true at all if you have any knowledge on historical events it was and is easy to know if you hit your target - as this is a game the graphics even on high settings is not the same in real life and that is what you compare it to?
    solders were known to make a note on weapons even a piece of wood, how do you think they were able to do this " oh in your view to go over and look" ? most skirmish had means to see far - in line battle your that close you could plainly see if you got a kill.
    unless you claim historians have got it wrong after dedicating years of research university digress and miss reading historical archives ? maybe you are right they are wrong ? is that what you are saying ?

you did not reply to my forum with questions I raised, do you spend up to £5,000 or maybe less £1,000 for a server ? do you support the game this way ? do you think ppl use discord to get an advantage as I mentioned, do you care for the historical events and actions that happened ? is the game not a based on historical events and actions ? we have a profile that details on the company we join or leave so why not about a small indication for our view that fades or resets at each game that only we can see ?

most I have seen in game is 340 ppl I round the numbers of for, you say and from the EU as many as 50 in EU time zone (yes 50 max) "Can this thread please get locked? 14 pages in and its an endless cycle of 1" how many ppl have quit or get feed up left or raised this question ? if you have taken time to point it out then should you not be asking why ppl ask this question ? after all in your own words a lot of ppl have asked this question.

lmao a Veteran player, how old is this game ? how much hours do you have ? what ever credibility you once had had been blown away with such a comment on being a Veteran player, I put it to you sir you are no more then a professional troll who scans forums without a clue in what he is saying and trying to squash others in their views and opinions

forums have been a place old and new players to view there opinions, even if repeated a 1000 times - if you don't like or they offend you don't reply !

If enough ppl keep asking the question then maybe Devs, Leifr not to forget "Veteran players who in your view seem to hold some sort of authority or something" if enough ppl ask maybe the devs can rethink and will listen to new players and try to keep them playing rather to lose them.

"2003 I started eve online when it came in CD format I held alliances with over 500ppl built titans with corporation worth back in the day upto $4000 in real money I still flick on and off the game and taken a step down yet my views in that alliance are noted to a high degree and yet I would never say I am a VETERAN BECAUSE THE GAME CHANGES !...get the point?
    This!

CSA Captain

Squad does not provide you a kill feed/ kill stats until the end of the round...and in the end no one cares how many you killed
    Post Scriptum does not provide you a kill feed/ kill stats until the end of the round...and in the end no one cares how many you killed
    War of Rights goes the same direction...

Those three games are focused on a team goal, take/defend an objective. I know that decades of KD focused, where the only positive feeling was your KD at the end, game play makes some think that this is an important aspect and is needed or otherwise a game is not fun. Until today I fail to understand why, if the gameplay itself can not motivate you neither will a kill feed/ kill statistic. The mentioned games are not really made for run and gun gameplay, if you are not into team based gameplay, strategy and tactics...you should consider moving to other game segments.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    It won't but it may change the behavior of the player during the match. You might get tempted to ignore your team/officer orders more so in order to get those extra kills than you would have if said extra kills weren't showed to you at the end of a round, meaning less teamplay.

This is why we show team statistics and not individual statistics at the end of the round.

- Trusty
    And please continue this. This game is unique in it's reliance on team cohesion and tactics, anything that even hints at individual aggrandizement would put it on the path to a dozen other fps games already out there.